Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 10-16-2021, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by IrishMom View Post
MacyBaby - I LOVE LOVE that quilt!! Great job with it - can't wait to see it quilted.

My cards will be going out tomorrow.

I was decorating my house this week and thought I would share this sweet little wall quilt I made a few years ago. I don't remember who provided the pattern. Even the ghost is done in scrappy whites. All squares are 2.5 inches.

Attachment 635774
This is so cute! I have lots of halloween fabric. Might have to make me a cute ghost!
Old 10-16-2021, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
NZ, yes, PM me to let me know you want to join in and how many swapping partners you want. That way I don't miss any one's message buried in the thread of our conversations .

I promised to show what I was doing with my birthday candies. So here it is. Each block is from one person's envelope of little treats. I am writing your name on the upper right rectangle. (I have covered Macybaby's real name, but it is on the block for posterity. This will serve as my exchange block quilt for 2021. My local quilt group is not doing an exchange this year. So sad.
I have wanted to do this for years because It is such a nice way to document who is in the group. I have 8 blocks done and will keep plugging along until of you are represented in my 2021 quilt.
What a nice idea to use your birthday candies like that! I am looking forward to seeing everyone's block!

I did something of the same thing a few years ago(yep it's not finished yet) and I just made a 5 x 5 block of my favorites that they sent. I have it almost finished but I am doing "quilts you go" so I am running into a few problems with that.
Old 10-16-2021, 12:13 PM

Happy Birthday Cuppy

Hope you have a very sweet day!

Barb
Old 10-16-2021, 12:24 PM

Here are the new sweet birthday candies I have received:
Miscellaneous days of October:
WMUTeach
NZQuilter
kele
Irishmom
Hav4boys
LorMarSzon
Oct 5
travelingGramma
IBEX94

Oct 2
crispy_frog
macybaby
cuppy

Sept 27
loveofquilts
AHWU
Sept 25
Sewbizgirl
Patrick's mom
Sept 23
Gaijin
WendyMcD

I have 17 packages !!!!!
Thanks Ladies! I love opening mail for my birthday!
Barb
Old 10-16-2021, 04:20 PM

Thanks for the update, Barb. You have been "birthday swap busy" today! FYI, I finished last year's quilt along oh, maybe in January. Quilted this week and working on finishing sewing down the binding. All pinks and purples.
Old 10-16-2021, 04:21 PM

Happy Birthday, Cuppy! I hope it has been a fun day!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bday cake.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	636001  
Old 10-16-2021, 04:32 PM

Happy birthday cuppy! Wishing you best birthday ever! 🎂
Old 10-20-2021, 03:54 AM

OK Birthday Swappers, no birthdays this month so how about a bit of Thanksgiving Trivia among our group.

Post your answers right on this thread by November12. I will randomize the names, and someone will be a winner of a special treat that has a Thanksgiving focus.

1. What one food is a “must have” on your Thanksgiving table?
2. What is the one “most hated” dish on the Thanksgiving table that seems to appears every year?
3. Tell us a story of a Thanksgiving Oops! We have al had them.
4. In 25 words or less, just like those old cereal box contests, tell us what makes this holiday special to you and your family.

Looking forward to your Thanksgiving stories!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Turkey.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	636040  
Old 10-20-2021, 09:25 AM

Turkey and stuffing. And enough for leftovers! I think I love the turkey sandwich more than the whole meal!
Mince meat pie always seemed to appear and be left over. Everyone favorer the apple or pumpkin pies!
Only oops – is the things I forgot to put on the table – my fathers favorite creamed onions one year, rolls another year
Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday to sponsor at my home. There is nothing else but food and friends and family. Everyone brought something – one year all I had to do was the turkey, stuffing and gravy! I would invite anyone who didn’t have a place to go - especially the local college kids! I just kept adding on to the table. There was no kids table – we love the generational setting. And we all sit and stay and talk.

When my daughter went to college it was too far for her to come home, so she went home with a roommate. She called crying afterwards as there was no turkey and trimmings on their table. Since then we made New Years Day a Thanksgiving day and open house for any and all. We still celebrate with her no matter what day the calendar says!.
Old 10-20-2021, 10:17 AM
Power Poster

Turkey is the "must" for Thanksgiving! Most hated dish might be the green jello salad. My biggest OOPS would be putting the turkey in the oven and forgetting to turn the oven on! Guests arrive... cold raw turkey.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it's such a family holiday... just like Christmas without the hassle of gifts.
There are parades and food cooking smells in the house (if you remember to turn on the oven! ), and it's the official start of the Christmas season. There is so much hope and anticipation. This year we are having Thanksgiving at my new house in Memphis.