12th Annual Ornament Swap - Signups close October 31 at midnight >

12th Annual Ornament Swap - Signups close October 31 at midnight

12th Annual Ornament Swap - Signups close October 31 at midnight

Old 10-08-2021, 09:25 AM

Count me in please!🎄🥳
sending my info
Old 10-09-2021, 11:44 AM
Power Poster

WooHoo What fun Nonnie! Congrats on such a nice prize.
Old 10-10-2021, 07:36 AM

What is your favorite Christmas memory? Post an answer by October 20, send me a PM letting me know you posted, and be a member of the swap. I will randomly draw a winner from all the participants.

My favorite Christmas memory is the following:

When my sons were 7 to 14 I started work at the state of California. I had barely scrapped by to be home with my sons. That year I bought all my boys bikes. Seeing the cry they were so happy touched me deeply. They were so appreciative and I was thankful to be able to bless them.
Old 10-10-2021, 04:32 PM

As a 30-something mom, I enjoyed playing with my three children's anticipation of the visit from the jolly man in red. When my oldest had just turned 6, we visited the most lifelike and charming Santa and Mrs.Santa. One daughter was entranced, the second, age 4, was not to sure about this stranger and my we bit of a son wanted nothing to do with the situation. I have pictures to prove all of this. On Christmas Eve, we left cookies and milk along with a few carrots for the reindeer on the kitchen table overlooking a bank of windows that looked out on our wintry porch. I scuttled the little ones off to bed after hanging stockings on door nobs, no fire place, with the customary reminders to go to sleep if you want Santa to come.

At daylight, I woke up to daughter #2 exclaiming that she saw reindeer prints outside her bedroom window. I confirmed the prints. Yes, I saw them too. Then daughter number 1 began to tell me how she had woken up in the dark and peeked in the kitchen and she saw Santa sitting at our table eating "her" cookies. I, as a weary mom, did not stay up to perform any Santa or reindeer pranks. But to this day both girls now ages 48 and 46 swear to what they saw. It makes me smile with one of those contented and happy smiles of a good mommy memory of my children and their Christmas memories. No tricks on my part. No one planting reindeer tracks and no one impersonating the old elf himself. Perhaps there really is a Santa Claus at least in the hearts of my daughters and me too.
Old 10-11-2021, 02:46 AM

We had a similar “bike” experience. Santa left bikes for my daughters, then probably 6 and 8. He left them on the back screened in porch. It was dark when the girls got up and they were happily opening presents and enjoying Christmas morning. As dawn came and light began to make the porch visible, I remember the moment when my oldest first saw the bikes. I wish we had a picture of her face. They were full of pure joy and excitement. That sneaky Santa. Christmas 🎅 🎄 🚲 🚲
Old 10-11-2021, 08:16 AM

I love your Christmas story ❤️🎄. Other than Easter, Christmas is the only time I decorate, and it’s not uncommon for the tree to be up before Halloween. Our children are all grown and we have some grandchildren that are grown, but the traditions remain. If you live in this house, you open 1 package on Christmas Eve; you get Christmas pajamas. We still hang stockings and they still get filled. They all know not to say there’s no Santa because in my heart, I want to believe.

We also hide a Christmas pickle in the tree and they all search for it.

Thank you WMUTeach for sharing 💕
Old 10-11-2021, 05:32 PM

Oh, the Christmas Pickle. My nieces and nephew had that tradition and now they all have their own pickle for their tree.

I wanted to keep the stocking tradition going like you did DixieDolls, so when my children all "knew" we drew names and I gave each $20 to spend to fill a stocking. My best tale was when I took my son who was may be 7 or 8 to Jewel Osco to shop for his sister's stocking. He calculated very carefully and picked out special little things that would please her. But at the check out he was over his $20 limit. I could see the tears in his eyes because he had chosen so carefully and each little gift was aimed to please. It was breaking his heart but he reached out his shakey hands to put back a pair of pink bunny scuffs/slippers that had bunny faces and ears on them. He was ready to sacrifice. Before we both were in tears, I gave him the extra money to to buy the bunny slippers, of course. She wore them to shreds and found them again in adult size and wore them to college. (This tale is not for the contest but just because it popped into my head tonight. Love Christmas so much. )
Old 10-11-2021, 08:29 PM

That is so sweet; what a grand idea ❤️
I hope you’ll share more of your Christmas memories.
I remember when I was a child,we hung socks up on Christmas Eve and we were so excited to get fruit, nuts, and some peppermints. My favorite gifts as a child were my pogo stick, suitcase of my very own ,even though we didn’t travel 😂, and a creepy crawler thing maker.
Old 10-12-2021, 10:12 AM
Power Poster

One christmas that stands out in my mind was when I was eight years old. That year I got a huge life-sized beautiful doll, roller skates and a red velvet dress for me to wear to church. I remember when the tree was first up christmas eve, the three of us kids would lie under it and wait for the bubble lights to begin thier show and thrill us to giggles, dreaming of what was to come. My school class visited the Ford Retunda and saw Santa one by one. What a majical year..

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 10-12-2021 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:45 AM

My favorite Christmas story was the year my middle boy got exactly what he wished for on Christmas Day.. My sister had asked him what he wanted for Xmas. He replied " I don' know" and every time she asked him , he gave the same answer. ON Christmas Day, the biggest gift under the tre had his name on it. He was so excited!!! He rapidly tore into the package ... only to find another wrapped box. Again off came the wrapping ... to find another box. This kept happening until he got down to th final the last box roughly a foot square. Opening it, he found loads of balled up newspaper. My sister asked him what he got for Xmas and he said "I don't know". She replied " Oh good, just what you asked for!"

He did get a beer gift but it was such fun to watch him open each box and see his face when he thought there was nothing in it for him. Needless to say, there was always a list every year from then on.

My mother used to tell us about when she was a child, her mother made ger and her younger sisters dresses for the big baby doll they would be getting soon which they took as meaning " for Christmas" as that holiday was fast approaching. Christmas came and went, but no big baby dolls. However, in March, they got a new baby sister. Boy were they mad! Baby siser was earing their big baby doll dresses!