Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Heard of the Blissy pillowcases, etc ? >

Heard of the Blissy pillowcases, etc ?

Heard of the Blissy pillowcases, etc ?

Old 10-24-2021, 08:24 AM
Power Poster

Default Heard of the Blissy pillowcases, etc ?

My sis email me about these pillowcases---never heard of them but we do try not to watch ads. Had to check them out----very expensive and the mulberry silk they are made of is too expensive also. Guess I will stick to satin. However not bought much or priced satin in a few years and it might be too expensive now. Sis knows I always like to know what is being sold though.
Old 10-24-2021, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

In my experience with silk, it isn't very durable and requires hand washing. Too high maintenance for me.
Old 10-24-2021, 11:17 AM
Power Poster

Good old cotton suits me fine.
Old 11-28-2021, 03:15 PM

Default Pillow cases.

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
In my experience with silk, it isn't very durable and requires hand washing. Too high maintenance for me.
I make the polyester satin. I wash them in a laundry bag and put them in the washer.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:15 PM

I"ve been thinking about using satin/silk pillowcases because of my hair. When you have a curly mop on your head, you have to do something to keep it from frizzing up. I've heard these help. I just like my cotton pillowcases so I haven't decided yet.
Old 11-29-2021, 05:49 AM

Use your regular pillowcase and wear a sleep cap. Sure helps. I used to purchase them at Walmart, etc. but now make my own. Much more durable. Made it out of silky polyester knit and it is comfortable and does a great job. Just a thought.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by abc123xyz View Post
Use your regular pillowcase and wear a sleep cap. Sure helps. I used to purchase them at Walmart, etc. but now make my own. Much more durable. Made it out of silky polyester knit and it is comfortable and does a great job. Just a thought.
That's what I'm doing now. I just find it kind of weird feeling to wear the cap to bed. I made mine out of quiling cotton lined with silk.
Old 12-14-2021, 09:51 AM
Power Poster

I've been making mine out of satin. it works great, and cheap, about $10/yard at JA's. i put them in with the regular wash and dryer. comes out nice and soft. i never thought of a sleeping cap. is it like the kind that they wore in Little House on the Prairie?