Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 10-26-2021, 05:08 PM

Happy Birthday to our very own Yarn Fairy.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Birthday Fairy.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	636121  
Old 10-27-2021, 07:52 AM

Happy Birthday to all the October birthday girls that I've missed.

DH and I got home around 7:30pm last night. When DH packed up the laptop, he forgot the the cord. Since we both had phones and I've got my tablet we decided we could make do. I've been able to read, but didn't post as it's a real pain on those other devices (for me at least). I wanted the laptop mostly in case I needed to deal with an email at work (laptop is set up for remote working) and nothing came up so it was all good.

I bought a pack of 10" squares and a pack of fat quarters of Christmas fabric, along with several small yardages of remnants (love Stone Mt. Fabrics). I had fallen in love with some batik layer cakes when we stopped at MSQC on the way down, but talked myself out of buying them. But on the way home we ended up driving right by, and we needed a break at that time so I stopped in again and bought them. Worked out as the deal of the day was another batik layer cake so I got that too. I'm sure there is a rule somewhere that states you can't have too much fabric.

I fell in love with a Christmas pattern, Presently, that MSQC has as a kit only. I don't care for the fabrics in the kit so plan on drawing up the pattern myself. I'd have bought the pattern in a heartbeat if they had it for sale separately.

I don't need to be back at work until Monday, it's going to be very nice to have a few days to relax and play with the new fabric. Cats appear to have forgiven us for being gone, they both were happy to snuggle in bed with us last night.
Old 10-27-2021, 09:47 AM
Power Poster

Happy Birthday, Wendy!!

Macybaby, welcome home!
Old 10-28-2021, 07:13 PM

Happy birthday to our three birthday girls! Sorry that I have missed the actual dates. This month has been upside down with my Dad's cancer. He is in hospice right now and will be moving into a nursing home sometime next week. I offered to take him into our home, but the doctors said, with his broken pelvis and hips, he needs trained care.

Anyway, I spend this afternoon cutting out Christmas candies to swap out. It was a fun distraction.
Old 10-28-2021, 09:18 PM
Power Poster

I found this idea in a Facebook group I belong to. Very fun and suited to candies.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	249334039_10229038280320950_614486114401347614_n.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	636138  
Old 10-29-2021, 03:40 AM

Oh, STOP IT !!! I am trying to finish up some starts and here is another one to tempt me . On the other hand, I have loads of these little squares and this would make a perfect donation quilt for PL. Not boy or girl, good for little folks or if made bigger a good adolescent quilt. It would also make a grand wheelchair quilt! Thanks for sharing this option for us! I saved the photo to my "Someday" file. Bet it will appear sooner rather than later.
Old 10-29-2021, 04:45 AM

Ibex-rug mugs! What a great use for the candies, putting them on my to do list. Yeah, it's a mile long but I have a separate one just for sewing.

Thanksgiving, has to have my gravy. I cook the neck and organs while the turkey cooks in it's bag then use the stock to make the gravy. They'd freak if they didn't get my gravy.
Thing that doesn't always make it to the table is the cranberry's... all the hot is easy but the minute I close the fridge on my nummy concoction of fruits and fresh berries, forget about it. Game over.

This year our newlyweds will be here. She's starting to feel the lose of her family. She called on my birthday and hear all the hooting and hollering and was all, "I miss you guys! waaaaaaaaaa". Poor dear, she's just so far away. I told her I can set up a room any time.,,, but then she'd have to leave him. She's trying to adopt his big familly, guess she thought it would be like us... all families are different. Just a hard lesson, so young and so very far away. Might as well be the north pole with my ailments. I don't even get to go to the city (unless by ambo) which is an hour away.

My b-day was nice, DS set me up with a Nintendo Switch, long story. Got it hooked up to the TV out front. I don't have a lot of down time and no memory, just hope I can get used to playing it from time to time. DD sent me flowers and chocolate then spent time with us on video chat. I made my cake (GF) and a loaf of bread for the pulled pork and lost the day. It just slipped away and know what I found that's doing that? Ya, the internet. LOL like I didn't know right. Much of my work is here so I naturally rabbit trail into it. I've not even opened my emails since last week, bad dog!

Speaking of not opening, my d-day was on Wednesday and my charms are still in their envelops. As well as a gift from my BFF. I'm not sure what's going on there...It's not that I forgot, or didn't have time, more like I don't deserve them? You ever need, "Sick and twisted"? look no further, I can help.
Old 10-29-2021, 04:50 AM

Aborning, love the silver envelops, where did you find them? I'm almost out of my boring craft and need to buy more cards. Gee, I could make ya'll cards.

Do ya'll know that the 8.5x11 envelop can also mail for just one stamp? Just gotta keep them thin and stable so cling wrap. And I had a thought about what I wanted to stick in and whooosh,,, did you see it fly outta the window?

Thanks ya'll for the b-day blessings and well wishes. I'm very blessed and in a much better frame of mind from July 31'st when DD left. I look back at all the "Whiny Wendy" and just shake my head.
Old 10-29-2021, 04:59 AM

Love my birthday fairy, I saved her, ty.

MacyBaby-I've a hard time passing on the batiks, especially the 5" charm packs. But I've a 20 y/o batik quilt here and it's just shredded. The fabric doesn't hold up. The rest of mine will go into wall hangings or things that are only pulled out for Christmas. Weird,,, I think I've a skirt I made from them... guess quilts are used harder and every day.

Ya'll, we need to have a sew in weekend to use up some of these charms. I drafted those blocks then was derailed with health (or is that disease?) so I'm behind on my sewing. But! if we had a sew in with chat... that would motivate me. Nothing better then sewing with friends.
Old 10-29-2021, 11:03 AM

Sewbizgirl, That looks like a great quilt to do with the Xmas squares that are about to be traded. Gotta love stars at Christmas time! What is the name of the fb candy group? I wanna look at pictures.

Wendy, I love that your birthday continues as you find the candy square envelopes to open. Celebrate! I am happy to hear your daughter and your new SIL are arriving for the holidays! Enjoy!

Xmas candy square exchange blocks being cut today in my corner of the world. We have cold and damp weather today. Seems like a good day to do wintery-themed tasks..

I have a green ghost being pieced up today, too. Too cute!!