Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who’s Hosting? >

Who’s Hosting?

Who’s Hosting?

Old 10-30-2021, 08:17 PM
Power Poster

I love the colors and have so much stash I think I may join. I love working on something together!
Old 10-31-2021, 04:32 AM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!
Default AccuQuilt

Bonnie said she would not post die information but I have to use mine if I want to keep my hand pain in check. Any chance we could share this info or PM it if we ask ?
Haven’t quite finished a few of my 5 previous ones but like others have said, they are learning exercises for sure. I promised myself I would not start any new projects until some of these are done but I made an exception or two or three or….
Old 10-31-2021, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK View Post
Bonnie said she would not post die information but I have to use mine if I want to keep my hand pain in check. Any chance we could share this info or PM it if we ask ?
Haven’t quite finished a few of my 5 previous ones but like others have said, they are learning exercises for sure. I promised myself I would not start any new projects until some of these are done but I made an exception or two or three or….
Per BH’s request, we don’t include unit or block measurements in our thread, which includes not sharing Accuquilt die information in the public thread.

Still, a search of the thread from last year shows that some people did use Accuquilt for some units. I think some of the necessary dies were obvious from the info BH provided: if you know you need 2 half square triangles that finish as a 4” square, for example, you can probably figure out which die will work. For others units, such as the string pieced sashing, there probably isn’t a die. But you could always ask for a PM especially if looks like someone on the thread used AC for a particular unit.
Old 10-31-2021, 05:08 AM

So great to see familiar names again! Like a Bee meeting. Origamigoldfish, I usually purchase solids and love the look. I do it for ease. Though some weeks are slow, when a section is string pieced, I simply cut out the overall shape. It also makes the quilt less expensive. Purchasing 7.00 solids over 12.00 batiks. I'm a batik gal.
Old 10-31-2021, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK View Post
Over the years, I am finding I have more and more of the dies I need for these mysteries. We know, that the pieces will probably be on the smaller size. Anyway, I have the dies in various ages, I have a die that reads "HalfSquare 1.5" Finished Triangle...OK so that is the finished size of the unit this die will make. Bonnie gives us the size to cut and also I believe the size of the finished unit (I think that is what usually happens). Now on my older die, it is labeled "Square 2 1/2" multiples" No mention of whether that is finished or unfinished but I can take my ruler and measure them and yep, on this die it is the unfinished size so it will make 2 inch finished squares once stitched up with the 1/4 inch seam on all sides. Hope this helps. I have also printed off a list of dies from the Accuquilt website and have highlighted all the dies I have. I store them standing on their sides in an plastic egg crate box with the printed edge up so I can find the one I am looking for. I find on occassion, Accuquilt doesn't make the die that I need so I have to use my ruler but sometimes I can use the die to say, cut strips and then subcut them with my rulers...Oh, I got Creative Grids Stripology Ruler this year and that may come in handy too for those dies I may not have.
Old 10-31-2021, 09:09 AM

Posted in the wrong area. These are pretty pretty colors.
I was not able to find the " Sea Lily " sampling: A, B, and C.
Old 10-31-2021, 10:57 AM

Thanks Iceblossom for hosting this year's mystery! Last year was a lot of fun so I'll be joining in again this year. You all are a lot of fun to sew with and your words of encouragement as we go along are, well, encouraging! I'm not crazy about the colors this year, so I'll be picking my own - good or bad. Now off to look at my stash...

Last edited by Stitches23; 10-31-2021 at 11:02 AM.