Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 10-18-2021, 07:19 AM

Thanks for all the kind thoughts as prayers as I recover from this horrible virus. COVID is not going to get the better of me. Today is my best day yet and I am making major progress according to the OT.
Quilting and any kind of sewing however are not yet on my list of things to do. I am still a bit weak for all the back and forth. But when I can look out world. Right now I am still working on trying to cook simple meals or even clean up in the bathroom a bit. I am getting there though. It is all slow. My vitals are not quite as consistent as they should be and they are being monitored closely, but I am getting there. I can barely wait until I can sew and quilt again. Look out world when I am able!
Old 10-30-2021, 05:58 PM

Good evening. Just a drop in to say hello. Hope everyone is feeling well now or at least improving in health. I’m well and glad for it.

Been busy getting the house finished up for my son and his dgf who will be visiting next month from KS. Until yesterday, there were still boxes in the guest room but they’re finally put away. Yay. Am still not thrilled with my sewing room but am very slowly making progress on my string quilt top. See below. (Not final layout by any means and my apologies for poor lighting.) I’ve got a top thread breakage issue I never had until after the machine was serviced earlier this year. Have tried everything I can think of but it continues. I’m about to give up on her. I cannot imagine what has changed!

That’s it for me. Have a pleasant rest of your weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	E821FACD-C016-479D-AC0D-DBB9102E7D36.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	636154  
Old 10-31-2021, 06:37 AM

Great string quilt Janice, the lattice design you chose is perfect with the blocks

All is well here also, Enjoying our new home and life outside of the city. Not totally unpacked yet but getting there
Old 10-31-2021, 07:00 AM

I like your string quilt!! Good luck figuring out what is going on with your machine. Bad spool of thread, perhaps?
Old 10-31-2021, 12:28 PM

Janice - you need to have Terri make over your sewing room - hers could be in a Sewing Room Dream Magazine!
I just pulled 12 string blocks that were in my drawer and put them together to make a topper for my washer and dryer. Yours looks great - love the sashing.
Old 11-01-2021, 04:54 AM

Thanks TG, I do absolutely love my room and looked at tons of pictures online through the years to get ideas. But the main thing is you need to have the room. Only thing left to do in there is some kind of fold up or retractable design wall. If anyone has any suggestions would love to hear them
Old 11-01-2021, 07:43 AM

I have flannel on a long shade. wish I had room for a second one
https://www.sewathomemummy.com/2017/...ome+Mummy)&m=1
Old 11-01-2021, 09:21 AM

Janice I love your string quilt! I started cutting strip for a string quilt before I came down with covid. Right now I have only been back at the sewing machine 1x. I made an oven mitt that I have not even finished. Most of my days are still filled with PT and OT. In about 3 weeks I will be discharged from home to outpatient therapies. PT just pulled in the driveway. So I am off to the races.
Old 11-01-2021, 10:56 AM

It’s an Aurofil and I never have trouble with it but a bad spool is a thought. I’ll try switching it out. Thanks!
Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
I like your string quilt!! Good luck figuring out what is going on with your machine. Bad spool of thread, perhaps?
Old 11-01-2021, 11:17 AM

Thanks for the nice comments about the string quilt. I don’t like the tediousness of the 3 1/2 inch unfinished 9 patches but they’re coming along.

Terriamn, your quilt room is just about my ideal! I’m frustrated by the size of mine despite constant self-reminders to be grateful to have what I have. I need to keep working on organizing and my attitude. FYI, my design wall is pink wall insulation foam boards, very inexpensive, covered with a piece of queen size batting. I have two side by side and I just adhere the batting with a few pins in the edge and lean it ever so slightly against the wall. It goes up in ten minutes and down in less. The only thing I’ll do in the future is change out the batting for a piece of flannel so I can pop it in the wash to help get rid of the inevitable threads.

Just back from half a day with the grand while her folks worked. What a little person she is becoming! Such fun!

juliasb, am glad for the more positive news about your recovery.

Happy November!