Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November 2021 to January 2022 Table Runner Swap >

November 2021 to January 2022 Table Runner Swap

November 2021 to January 2022 Table Runner Swap

Old 10-27-2021, 03:50 AM

Default November 2021 to January 2022 Table Runner Swap

Welcome to the ongoing Table Runner Swap. As you can see… our swaps have a little more time between them at the moment, this is because of the disruption that still exists with the mailing systems around the world! They will go back to the normal time frame when things settle. So this swap will run from 1st November 2021 to the 31st January 2022 (I have specifically chosen these dates so we don't clash with Christmas).

You have until the 31st January 2022 to make a table runner - the theme this time is
………EARTH, WIND OR FIRE - this could be a literal interpretation or just colours that remind you of these things... it is up to you!

The table runner should be a minimum of 12” x 30”.
You can use any technique/any style.
All fabrics used should be 100% cotton.
The runner must have wadding and be quilted.

There is no deadline so you can sign up at any time during the 3 months as this will be just an intention to participate. When you have made and are ready to mail your runner you can then sign up to the “ready to mail” list which is binding commitment.

But please remember that the only lists that counts is the Ready to Mail lists posted at the end of January 2022.

Ready to Mail list

The first Ready to Mail lists will be posted around 24th January 2022 (and will continually be updated) if you are not on this list and think you should be, please contact me asap and let me know - if you are not on the list you will not get an person/address to send to. The final list will be posted on the 31st January 2022.

Midnight on the 31st January 2022 is the deadline to get on the “Ready to Mail” list. If you want to take part, I will need the following:-

Real name
Your address
Whether you are willing to send international or not (Please consider this as it enables everybody to take part)
Allergy info
Pet and smoking information
Email address

As long as you have a table runner ready to mail you can join the ready to mail list by letting me know any time before the deadline.

Addresses Sent Out:

I will send out the name and address of the person you should send to on the 1st or 2nd February 2022. You will have 7 days to get your table runner in the mail - No Longer. If you are unable to keep this commitment - please do not sign up.

This is not a partner swap. You will send your table runner to the quilter who's address you get. You will receive from a different quilter than the one you send to.

Please remember that there are quilters of all abilities on this board and you should appreciate the table runner you receive as your sender will have worked hard to make it for you.

You are welcome to send some goodies in your package if you would care to, but please don't expect anything other than the table runner.

Please Note.... You must let me know when you mail and when you receive. Also, please PM the person that sends to you when you receive to say thank you and to let them know that the table runner that they have sent you has arrived - it is only polite to do so! And please remember that there are still delays with the postal services around the world so your runner may take some time to get to you!

So come and join our fun.

Hugs

Caroline

Last edited by CarolinePaj; 10-29-2021 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:40 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like a fun theme. I will need to think about this one.
Old 11-07-2021, 10:49 PM

Default Table runner

Count me in ...interesting theme
Old 01-02-2022, 02:45 PM

Uh oh …… it’s already January.
I had been thinking of ‘wind’ themes but … The Merry Mayhem Mystery quilt this year used a delectable mountain block. So now I’m thinking that would work for an earth theme.
Old 01-02-2022, 05:22 PM
Power Poster

Sounds nice Beverly. I went with the whole theme, earth, wind and fire. I am almost done with the top, using a Leko table runner pattern and trying his ruler. Some one gifted this book and ruler for Christmas.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:38 AM

Anna, it’s great to put christmas gifts to immediate use! I got a great bird feeder from my husband and put it out right away.
I’ve not done any Leko patterns, I’m looking forward to seeing your table runner.
Old 01-04-2022, 10:08 AM

Happy New Year everyone! I had to think about this one too. After digging through my stash I found something suitable for the theme and have chosen "earth". Runner is done, but have to quilt it now. So yes, I'm in :-)
Old 01-14-2022, 12:39 AM
Power Poster

Smile Earth, Wind, Fire Table Runner January 2022

Here is the front and back of the Earth, Wind, Fire theme table runner from Doug Leko's second table runner book.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20220113_191451 (Small).jpg
Views:	62
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	637293   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220113_191506 (Small).jpg
Views:	44
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	637294  
Old 01-14-2022, 12:54 AM

Anna that's awesome. I've struggled with mine. I did tessellated hydrangeas pattern..
( flowers blowing along the ground) and some windmills each end all in 2inch squares.now I just have to get some backing and quilt it.
Old 01-14-2022, 04:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
Anna that's awesome. I've struggled with mine. I did tessellated hydrangeas pattern..
( flowers blowing along the ground) and some windmills each end all in 2inch squares.now I just have to get some backing and quilt it.

Thank you m-fay for your kind words. Yours sounds very interesting and pretty, hydrangeas and small 2 inch squares, looking forward to seeing it.