UFO Challenge for 2021

Old 11-16-2021, 05:14 AM
Power Poster

I picked up my sewing machine from the shop after it’s much needed repairs, now, today I have off work so, I’m going to try to get the needed fabric sewn to the bottom backing on Ben’s big quilt and get it finished. While the sewing machine was in for repair I did unload the quilt and cut the excess backing from the sides to add to the bottom. I’m ready for this one to be done. I only have about a 6” strip across the bottom to finish quilting. I always have a Big list of things I want to accomplish on my days off- if I get 2-3 of them done it’s a Great day! I do have other home stuff to accomplish today tool. One thing at a time.
since I have Friday, Saturday, Sunday off this weekend and nothing on my calendar maybe I will get more done in the sewing room. Time sure seems like it flies by me every day faster.
Old 11-16-2021, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Motorcyclemad View Post
Chalk up another November finish. I just finished my 1-year old Saturday Sampler UFO. Yay! --Just in time to pick up my last block and finishing kits for the two Saturday Samplers I joined this past year. Now let's see if these two take 6-months and a year to finish.

Okay, trying the picture again.
... and again.
Not sure what is going on, but I will try to post the pictures later.
-------------------------------------------------

Still not getting the pictures to post, but I did manage to pull out three more UFOs that were hiding away in a tote-all nice and warm. Apparently I have two-5 foot long totes with UFOs and purchased kits languishing in a storage shed. Teach me to go looking for some yarn (which I didn't find ).

First one is a "Taz Around-the-World". It has been idling for at least 14-years. I did buy a tan batik to help round it out, but it is now all cut and ready to be sewn.

Second is an Orange & Turquoise ATW that is closer to 10-yo. Also cut and ready to sew.

Third is a "Big Girl Quilt" for my cousin's daughter with some bright colored orphan blocks someone gave me. Packaged when she was 7yo, it is going on 13-years in a bag. I think this one is no longer the right theme for someone in college. . I will at least finish the top, so that it can be ready when someone has a small girl that needs a hug!
Old 11-16-2021, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Motorcyclemad View Post
-------------------------------------------------

Still not getting the pictures to post, but I did manage to pull out three more UFOs that were hiding away in a tote-all nice and warm. Apparently I have two-5 foot long totes with UFOs and purchased kits languishing in a storage shed. Teach me to go looking for some yarn (which I didn't find ).

First one is a "Taz Around-the-World". It has been idling for at least 14-years. I did buy a tan batik to help round it out, but it is now all cut and ready to be sewn.

Second is an Orange & Turquoise ATW that is closer to 10-yo. Also cut and ready to sew.

Third is a "Big Girl Quilt" for my cousin's daughter with some bright colored orphan blocks someone gave me. Packaged when she was 7yo, it is going on 13-years in a bag. I think this one is no longer the right theme for someone in college. . I will at least finish the top, so that it can be ready when someone has a small girl that needs a hug!
maybe this will help with your picture loading issue—- when you go ( advanced) then Manage attachments; click on “ choose file” , choose photo library or take photos. I’m guessing you are going to find the photo in your photos. locate the photo you want to use. When you choose a photo a box will come up, at the bottom it was say “ actual size” click on that. More options will come up - I always choose Medium and it always works- then upper right corner click use. Next to the ( choose file) box it will now show (1 photo) you can add up to5. Then when ready click Upload on the far right . When they upload they will show up in blue at bottom. When this happens you can close that box and add to your text or just submit.
Old 11-16-2021, 12:32 PM

motorcyclemad; while packing to move, I've found UFO's hiding or lost. It's sure an eye opener.
Old 11-16-2021, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

For only having one day off ( today) I managed to get quite a bit done. Started with housework chores then into the sewing room. I had a request for more scraps, orphans and I decided there have been too many orphans/ ufos sitting around for 5+ years that I just don’t see ever getting to- so I ( finally) let them go. One set of rows from a row by row bom I had done years ago I did lay out and look at, I love each row, the colors are really good…but, standing looking at them I decided- they have been hanging on that hanger for at least 5 years- let them go. So I did. I also had (3) old round Robin quilts from our little local sewing group that I never finished up— by- by. I know the person getting these will be excited and love finishing these and passing them on ( she donates a lot) and they are no longer taking up space. I also let a whole bunch of Christmas swap blocks go- some of them are at least 10 years old-
732 sewn 1/2 square triangles that have been in a box for a year.
even though I didn’t complete the ufos I am able to strike them from my list- they are no longer giving me a headache. (4 tops needing quilting/binding) 4 or 5 partial tops, plus many, many orphans.
And, I manage to fix the short backing, reload Ben’s quilt and finish quilting it! Yea!
Old 11-17-2021, 09:26 AM

CKCowl, great progress--keep up the good work! I would have been good with letting all of the go to, except maybe the HSTs. It doesn't matter the size, but there is something about HSTs that make me all FUZZY!
Old 12-01-2021, 03:45 AM

Good morning everyone, I haven't been around much b/c I was having wi-fi connection problems and was taking it inwardly. I got over it once the problem was resolved. I went back to my home state (Kansas) for the holiday and got some long arming completed while I was there and didn't have do the shipping things. My cousin is my long-arm artisan. She never puts me off, so she quilted two of my tops in two or maybe three days. She supplied the backing for two tops, and the batting for one quilt. And she was very reasonable in what she charge me. My 'Arkansas Crossroad', I had it finished before I moved from Kansas last year. I think that I finished that in 2019. It's been a while and it's been some rocks in the road so I am really not that sure, now. The second top I finished it early this year, it's a pinwheel pattern that turned out pretty.
Thanks for allowing me to share with you. I don't do pix if I did I would share the Arkansas Crossroad
Have a good sew week everyone
cherryb
Old 12-01-2021, 04:51 PM

Here is my version of "How up upload photographs to the Quilt Board. It works for me from my laptop.

Take your photograph and save it to your computer so you can find it when you want it! I resize mine to "medium"."1. Write message in any QB thread.
2. Click "Go Advanced"
3. In the box labeled Additional Options" click "Manage Attachments"
4. Click "Browse" and locate your photo wherever you saved your photograph on your computer.
5. Find the photo you wish to post click save and then upload.
This seems to be where folks stumble. The little box with the "Browse" button needs to be expanded so you can see the "Upload" button. Pull the side of this box to the far right and until you expand the box. Then you will see the hidden "Upload" button.
6. Preview Post and make changes if you wish or add an additional photo.
7. Click "Submit Reply".

**** I save my photos in a quilt photos file by year. Most have been resized to "medium". This format will allow you to post to the QB.
It seems there are multiple ways to do this upload process and it all depends on your computer and software preferences.

Hope this helps. It took me way too long to figure this out when the QB made changes but now it seems to work well for me. Hope it will work for you too.
Old 12-03-2021, 12:04 PM

Thank-you WMUTeach for the directions for posting pic. I have copied and added to my note files.
- well I didn’t get my ufo completed. I did get the blocks 1/2 together. So it will definitely be completed this month. I I’m currently quilting #5 top for a friend. I hope to have it completed by tonight. She makes kids and baby quilts which she gives away as gifts or charity. I just get to practice my LAQ.
- I have also been busy working on my BHMQ’ s (2020 & 2021).
- I will post pics when I finish my UFOs.
Old 12-05-2021, 05:19 AM

I also want to thank WMUTeach for this info, I also printed off and saved it in a physical file. I am going to try it. Thanks again
cherrybsixty