Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Old 11-24-2021, 05:57 PM

I use my dies. If I need a bunch of squares, you get ill use the dies!
Old 11-25-2021, 09:09 AM

I’m all ready to start tomorrow morning. I have all of my fabric together. I’m undecided if I will do 2 of these mysteries. I pulled the colors scraps/fq’s from my stash. I plan to make a twin size for this one. I’m also thinking of doing it out of fabric I really like and doing a larger king size if I like this. This one will be in different colors and much more controlled fabric. Mostly batiks and only a few fabrics for each colorway. The second colorway I’m thinking on waiting for the revealing then spend the next year sewing and quilting the project. This way I can do the QAL and make one in the colors & size I like. As soon as I figure out again how to post pics of my fabric I will. I tried to post pics earlier, but I keep forgetting the 1st step or two to post. I really need to write out the directions and put in my cell phone notes for easy access. Talk to you all tomorrow. It’s so like an early Christmas present and waiting for Santa 🎅.
Old 11-25-2021, 09:11 AM

I’m thinking of using my dies for the 1st time this year. I will just maybe need to PM some one if I can’t figure it out myself 1st. Until tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Old 11-25-2021, 01:15 PM

Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.... using the paint chip cards, two medium intensity colors (pink and yellow), one dark (garnet), and one light (aqua) plus the neutrals in this mystery.
Old 11-25-2021, 01:20 PM

That's how I read it Ibex, if going by values. She has said that we can wait until later to decide on the Aqua and suggested using one fabric. I have a couple options pulled, one pretty much exactly her paint colors but I just don't know... By yardage, neutrals are half.

And for those and the dies, all I can say is I have sent more than one private message! Just keep in mind, that I cut large but in order to do that I have to figure out what the measurements are supposed to be.
Old 11-25-2021, 01:31 PM

Thank you, Iceblossom. I love the colors she picked but I want to make a top for someone that doesn't particularly like those colors. If I am going to do this mystery, I need different colors.
Old 11-25-2021, 03:43 PM

Very excited - the first clue is almost here! I'm trying to finish up a few 'small-ish" projects today. I wanted to give my sewing a room a quick pick up, but it may not happen. I'm content to just be sewing.

I had a friend ask why Bonnie does her Mystery during the Holidays, after all it's such a busy time (she says)! I explained that Bonnie is a caring person and realizes that some people are alone or saddened during this time, and her Mystery brings excitement, a sense of community and a distraction from not-so-happy things.

Then I realized today, I'm one of those people! I'm blessed and thankful for so much. Even so, I could sure use a distraction!

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Rhododendron Trail Eve!!
Old 11-25-2021, 05:24 PM

I'm doing this mystery this year. I'm changing the aqua to a parroket green. They will go with the border I've picked out.
Old 11-26-2021, 04:45 AM

And -- It's up! Happy mystery everyone

https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2021...-part-one.html
Old 11-26-2021, 05:34 AM

Parakeet green is such a fun color! Will look lovely with the pinks and yellows!