Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Old 12-05-2021, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

Terry, thanks for the heads up about the Accuquilt die. I am using mine. I'm not crazy about that ruler I bought.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
I am already taking credit for the University of Michigan football win over Ohio State because I got my "Aunt Debbie Bleeds Blue" quilt to her in time for the big game. Yesterday, I was drawing lines on some of the same yellow fabrics during the Michigan/Iowa game -- and Blue won again and I am taking credit for lucky yellow fabric!!
So it's your fault! As an Ohio State grad, and a former employee of University of Iowa, I have to respectfully disagree. Although I am glad to see the Big 10 in the BCS playoffs, even if it is Michigan.

But more on toping - Iceblossom, I love the purples.

As this is my first Bonnie Hunter mystery, and I have no need for yet another larger quilt, I'm making only about one-third of the blocks. So progress is deceptive. I figure I can always make more later.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:38 AM
Power Poster

Oh dear, we live in Columbus and my husband detests the Buckeyes haha!! But to soften the blow to anyone who reads this we aren't from Ohio but we've lived here a long time.
Two of our sons graduated from Ohio State too. He's a stinker
Old 12-05-2021, 04:09 PM
Power Poster

Once I got going I was able to knock off about 60 of these today.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5539.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	636702  
Old 12-05-2021, 10:34 PM

I have now passed the halfway point.....lol. I can’t believe how long these are taking.
Old 12-06-2021, 04:45 AM

I'm also up to halfway! Today I start putting the color on the other side. Actually I got my first batch pinned last night and they are ready to sew once I finish this cup of coffee.

As I get through these it amazes me how consistent they are -- and they you get one that just isn't playing by the same rules! How does it happen and how can they get off so much so quickly and easily.

Snow in the mountains today, just what we consider cold here for now.

PS: Anyone wanting a piece of Lucky Michigan Maize can let me know, I'm glad to share the joy
Old 12-06-2021, 07:24 AM

Very pretty, SusieQOH! (I always end up envying other people's fabrics during the BH mystery, LOL.)
Old 12-06-2021, 07:28 AM
Power Poster

joe's mom- I do too haha! Just like when we were kids, huh? I remember telling my Mom that "Kathy's lunchbox is prettier than mine wah wah"
Old 12-06-2021, 07:40 AM

These flying geese are taking forever. I have already miss cut (too many) my pinks thankfully I have more fabric to arrive before Christmas. Everyone's colors are looking great! I'm going with brights this year. Just haven't decided whether to go green or purple with the substitute for the burgundy. If I go green it will look like a spring quilt. I may go for that. If I remember right, she usually gives us a catch up week between Christmas and New Years.
Old 12-06-2021, 09:54 AM

JanieW, thank-you!!!!! The site you referred us to helped a lot. That’s the way I will make mine. It’s easy for me to cut and sew. 4 at a time and 2 of each with each large block. I will use a squaring fg ruler to get the correct size. Thank-you.

I like all of the pieces being sewn & such pretty fabrics.