Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you use sashers? >

Do you use sashers?

Do you use sashers?

Old 12-07-2021, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
Check Missouri Star, I saw them there and for the price I will keep using my fingers, I like the concept though!
Thanks, Lisa. I don't want the whole set though. Hmmmm..... decisions, decisions
Old 12-07-2021, 11:58 AM

I don't think I would use one. I got use to the ones that look like flattened cake decorating tools (I like your definition). Then for some reason I just stopped using them all together.
Old 12-07-2021, 01:58 PM

No because I don't press my bindings in half. I find that they look better and wrap around the raw edge of the quilt much nicer if I don't press. Plus that means I get to skip a step! 😁
Old 12-07-2021, 03:03 PM
Power Poster

I would not use them. I fold my 2-1/2" binding strips in half and press away.
Old 12-07-2021, 03:09 PM

Thanks for all of your input. I originally googled "Pauline's Quilter's World sashers" and came up with a number of sites and different set combinations that are available. There is even another manufacturer that sells what looks to be very similar items, but most of them are from Amazon sellers with unfamiliar names or lower ratings that I am not too sure I'd trust. There is one set by Pauline's that is just for 2-1/2 and 2-1/4" binding strips called the mini set PQW-02 and it is available from Missouri Star, and there is a single for 2-1/2" strips called the jelly roll sasher. Hope this additional information is useful for some of you.
Old 12-07-2021, 03:12 PM

I have one, but don't use it cause I was not happy with it. But I wasn't using it like she is showing in the video. Maybe I need to give it another try.
Old 12-07-2021, 07:02 PM

I have this pressing mat/tool. Have used it for several years and love it. I got it at Joanns but you can find them elsewhere too.

June Tailor Quilt Binding Express

Old 12-08-2021, 11:59 AM

Has anyone used those double forked pins? I'd think that they would be useful.
Old 12-11-2021, 04:19 PM

I have the jelly roll sasher that is used for making rugs from 2-1/2" (jelly roll) strips. I didn't realize they came in so many sizes.

I am also a gadget lover - if I find ones that work well. For example, I really like Bloc Loc rulers for trimming HST's & Flying Geese.

Some of these smaller gadgets are problematic as they get lost in all of the "stuff"!

There is a "What is on your Christmas list thread; I can see where these might be a good item to put on it.