Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Crayola washable markers >

Crayola washable markers

Crayola washable markers

Old 12-28-2021, 07:09 AM

Default Crayola washable markers

Inquiring if anyone has experience with the Crayola washable markers that they have left them on the fabric for an extended time. I have a small quilt that another is taking my attention so am putting the marked one aside for the time being. I have some concern if that is allowing the marker to become permanent.
Old 12-28-2021, 07:32 AM

Do a test piece of your fabrics and let it set for a couple weeks and see if it will wash out completely. See if it sets into the fabrics.
Old 12-28-2021, 07:32 AM

I have used them and left in for a few weeks with no problem. I always test my fabrics before marking and I stay away from the red, orange and brown colors because I have had problems removing them. That said are you talking a couple of weeks or months?
Old 12-28-2021, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

I use the blue one and so far the color has washed out completely no matter how long I have left it on the fabric. I always use the Ultra Clean Washable Crayola Marker.
Old 12-28-2021, 10:17 AM

Default Crayola Washable Markers

Originally Posted by illinois View Post
Inquiring if anyone has experience with the Crayola washable markers that they have left them on the fabric for an extended time. I have a small quilt that another is taking my attention so am putting the marked one aside for the time being. I have some concern if that is allowing the marker to become permanent.
I use these markers all the time and have had no problems whatsoever. However, I do wash my quilts, once they are completed, with Oxi-Clean and detergent and all traces of the markers, regardless of color, are removed.
Old 12-28-2021, 03:33 PM

My Crayola fine line washable markers have always washed out in the laundry, after I've finished a quilt. Many times the markings have been on the quilt for a month or more. Those markers are wonderful!
Old 12-29-2021, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

I love those markers and have had no trouble with the colors washing out. I've used them all.
Old 01-13-2022, 11:43 AM

I never thought of using Crayola washable markers -- I'll give them a try!
I am a fan of Crayola FABRIC markers for permanent drawing on fabric (labels, doll faces).
Old 01-16-2022, 04:29 AM

I did have an issue one time and I think it had to do with ironing. I used the washable Crayola marker to mark dots at the 1/4" location on the inside of an 8 point star quilt block. After I finished sewing, I steam pressed the block paying close attention to the middle. Then I saw a brown stain where the marker had started running on the block. I could not get it out.
Old 01-16-2022, 08:20 AM

I had no idea that those could be used for marking! I'll have to do a test piece, as I'm always fighting with chalk pens or similar before resorting to....a pencil....