Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend December 31-January 2, 2022 >

Virtual quilting weekend December 31-January 2, 2022

Virtual quilting weekend December 31-January 2, 2022

Old 12-31-2021, 07:25 AM

I hope to get started on something new to start off the new year.
Old 12-31-2021, 10:28 AM

Ok, you got me! I have bindings I have to get to on some oven mitts I made. I still have about a dozen to do. The quilting is simple and the mitts are great. I still have a few people coming over for a later holiday get together. These are the perfect gift for both men and women. The outdoor chef and the queen of the indoor kitchen are all getting mitts this season. The Christmas season here doesn't end until Little Christmas on Jan 6th. Then the tree comes down. With a death in the family on Christmas things are going a bit differently but that is ok. So now it is time to finish up these mitts so they can get where they are suppose to go. Thanks for doing this VQW for the end of 2021.
Old 12-31-2021, 10:49 AM

I have been recutting a quilt I am making for a quilt show entry. I hope to resew the strips tomorrow. Hoping it lays flat on Sunday .Happy New Year. God bless all in 2022.
Old 12-31-2021, 10:51 AM

Thanks for another quilting weekend. I was planning on working on my DD's quilt but my needle broke this morning and it damaged my bobbin case so my machine is out of order until I can order a new one. Everything is closed for the weekend. I will be going through my scrap fabric and pressing the large pieces to go on comic boards and cutting the small pieces into squares of varying sizes. I am going to participate in the 2022 Declutter project sponsored by Just Get it Done Quilts. I have my boxes ready to pack up everything I get rid of. Happy New Year to everyone!
Old 12-31-2021, 11:15 AM

I am finishing up a table runner but spending most of the time reorganizing my sewing room. I missed the Christmas VQW despite my best intentions! I work very slowly these days lol. Enjoying seeing what everyone is up to.
​​​​​​
Old 12-31-2021, 12:53 PM

The Christmas decorations are put away. House cleaning is done and also laundry finished. Tomorrow is the Merry Mayhem mystery. I was to sew with my sister but, she got Covid. So it is a solo sew day.
Old 12-31-2021, 02:49 PM

Thanks for hosting once again. I started a charity quilt top with a bunch of left over homespuns, a couple of days ago. I think I'll continue to work on that. It sure would be nice to get 'something' cleared out of my sewing room!
Old 12-31-2021, 03:15 PM

Iceblossom--hope your husband feels better soon and it's just a cold.

SusieQOH and Karamarie--did you get the Christmas decorations down? Mine are in the basement but just kind of here and there. I plan to work in the basement next Wednesday and organize the mess.

Fabric Galore--I feel your pain on damaging the bobbin case. I've done it enough that I keep a spare one on hand

It's been a productive day here. Did some laundry, caught up on some computer work and managed to get quite a bit done in the sewing room. Right now, I'm going to cut up some scraps from another project into a couple kids quilts. Will check back in tomorrow.

Happy New Year everyone!
Old 12-31-2021, 03:24 PM

Yay! I'll be trying to finish quilting the Sept. Color block quilt and piecing the Oct. Color block quilt. If I get the quilting done on the Sept. quilt, then I've got a little bit of quilting to finish on my Doodle quilt and the Snail's Trail Al Fresco quilt is sandwiched and ready to go as well....

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is working on this weekend.

Happy New Year everyone,
Rob
Old 12-31-2021, 03:26 PM

Thank you for hosting, and Happy New Year!

I hope to get some time to sew Saturday evening, and maybe some time on Sunday too... I'll probably be working on a mixture of handquilting my Cats & Pumpkins table runner, piecing a Sylvia's Bridal Sampler block (or two, if I get wild), and tidying up my sewing room (which is in desperate need).

Happy Quilting!