Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 01-01-2022, 07:08 PM

Happy New Year!!

We had a quiet New Years Day. We didn't go anywhere because we are snowed in. My quilting New Year's resolution is to finish nine quilts, so I pulled out a queen size UFO that is half quilted and worked on it.
Old 01-02-2022, 11:43 AM

Happy New Year!

My Birthday candies will be heading out on Monday. I had a surgical procedure done on Tuesday and have been taking it easy this week. But I did get started on a baby quilt that needs to be done ASAP.. I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew! I'm doing Elizabeth Hartman's Dinosaur quilt for my niece's first girl due on February. She works at a zoo and keeps calling her baby her little dino. I have my first dino done which I have attached - the 48x48 small quilt has 8 dinosaurs on it.

Also, got the cutest Christmas gift from my daughter. A new pandora charm for my bracelet. It's one of Cinderella's mice with a spool of thread. Hits two of my likes!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image0 (9).jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	637066   Click image for larger version

Name:	pandora charm.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	637067  
Old 01-02-2022, 12:44 PM

Iriishmom, I have always thought those mice were just too charming! Wish they could come and sew up some of my UFOs and scraps during the night when I was asleep. I was sure you were going to say you got a little tiny dino for your charm bracelet! Tee-Hee Hee. Do show us your final quilt before it goes to its darling little diino.
Old 01-02-2022, 02:45 PM

I have been playing - set my featherweight up in the RV and started to make nine patches with the black and white candy. I walked down to the LQS close to the campground and purchased the cute dog fabric that will go between the 9 patches. Maybe sashing of multiple colors? what do you think?
Of course upon sizing them up it seems I miscalculated my measuring line so we are down to 6" not 6.5". Oh well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bw dog.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	637068   Click image for larger version

Name:	bw dog2.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	637069  
Old 01-02-2022, 06:55 PM

Beautiful Travelinggramma! Multiple colors to pick up the colors of the pups? Sounds good to me! All your quilts are gorgeous so whatever you do will be great. This is a fabulous idea of what to do with the candies!!
Old 01-02-2022, 10:17 PM
Power Poster

That Dino quilt will be something really special, Irish!

TG, love your b/w doggie quilt. It’s looking good!
Old 01-03-2022, 04:09 AM

I like the idea of using some colors to frame your dogs quilt. I probably would use two such as a light and medium turquoise, for example, then a final round of black but that is just my opinion. What you have on hand may be just the perfect choice no matter what the color choice. Have fun! Such a good use of those little squares and those pups.
Old 01-03-2022, 06:52 AM

Such a cute dino, Irishmom! I've always admired Elizabeth Hartman's designs but have never been brave enough to try them.

Traveling Gramma, those dogs are too cute, and such a great way to use some candies!

Yesterday my vintage Pfaff was acting sluggish and making a funny whining sound while quilting. My hubby is an electrician and has no fear of motors, so he took the motor apart to service it quickly. Lo and behold, the amateur in the motor has been rubbing against a wire and rubbed the insulation off to the bare wire! Luckily we have a small bottle of liquid insulation that he was able to use to repair it. So, while I was bummed that my quilting plans were halted unexpectedly, hopefully it'll all for the better. I'm going to do today's homeschooling lessons with my girls this morning, but I am going to squeeze in some quilting time this afternoon. Priorities! 😂
Old 01-03-2022, 09:36 AM

TravelingGramma - such cute fabric! What a great eye you have. I might be "borrowing" your idea, cause that is super cool!

Thanks for the kind dinosaur comments. I did a Harry Potter quilt by Sew Fresh Quilts which uses the same sew and flip technique. My second dinosaur went a lot faster than the first - it's just getting the technique down.
Old 01-03-2022, 07:29 PM

Hi Ladies

I have decided not to join the new swap this year. I know when October rolls around I will be looking into a very lonely mailbox. Last year stepping down from hosting the swap and WMUTeach taking over and doing such a great job I feel like I can step away. Life has become very busy, my mom is 94 and needs more help and I am working full-time now. So I really have no time to do anything else. (those are 2 good things...no complaints here)

I will be lurking to see what you are all up to, which I have done this year from time to time. You women are very talented and look forward when I can spend more time with you all again.

Take care,

Barb
PS....aborning your envelope is in the mail