Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baby Items >

Baby Items

Baby Items

Old 01-05-2022, 06:51 PM

When my daughter started toddling she loved to wear her “pack-pack!” Maybe you could find or dream up a pattern for a toddler sized backpack for him. If he didn’t like it his parents could use it as a big boy diaper bag.
Old 01-05-2022, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
There is a new floor quilt panel that has roads for using matchbox cars on.
My grandsons loved those, always had their matchbox cars on them, I even had put two panels together to make the town bigger for them. Now theyre older but we had kept them for them, will give them back when they have kids of their own
Old 01-06-2022, 02:33 AM

My former mother in law used to take foam rubber and cut it into blocks of various sizes. Then she covered them with fabric. They were great for toddlers to build things.
Old 01-06-2022, 06:08 AM

I used this post as inspiration and they are so much fun to make and give!
https://blog.lellaboutique.com/2020/...-texture-book/
Old 01-06-2022, 06:27 AM

Quilts are wonderful keepsakes but our little ones have enjoyed fleece. They like the texture and, let's face it, are a lot more durable with the frequency of necessary laundering. In the past I have found rotary cutters at JoAnn's that cut perforations in fleece. I put a line of stay-stitching about 1/4" from the edge of the fleece to reinforce that edge and also give a line for following for the perforations. Then I crochet around. You can do a simple crochet or get fancy if you'd rather. We like these better than the tied fleece that those things flap in faces. These are only the single layer of fleece and seem adequate for cuddling and warmth.
I Spy quilts are fun, no matter the age of the child but a lot of work to find enough matches and a variety in your stash.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
There is a new floor quilt panel that has roads for using matchbox cars on.
I made one for my grandson. He loved it!
Old 01-06-2022, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by FoggyButFocused View Post
How about a picture book of all the relatives faces? You could use pictures of different members of the family and use small quilt blocks to frame each picture.In between the pages. Put crinkle fabric or a squeaker to keep them interested. Maybe a picture of houses where the parents grew up. Just an idea!

Have fun with that grandchild!
I made one years ago for my first grandchild- so many of her aunts and uncles lived out of the area at the time, it was a good way to make them a familiar face. She still has it
Old 01-06-2022, 10:31 AM

I like making those self-binding quilts. Otherwise known as 20x30 quilts since the two pieces you sew together are 20 and 30 inches respectively. Quick, easy and forgiving.
Old 01-06-2022, 05:48 PM

I've made hooded baby towels that were well received, using these instructions:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Hooded-Baby-Towel/
They can be relatively plain or embellished. They are larger than typical baby towels, allowing children to use them for several years.
Old 01-07-2022, 05:03 AM

I made everything I could possibly think of, one day my daughter asked me if I could make pull on shorts and pants. She said the cost of clothing is expensive and the baby wears several pairs of pants a day. Diaper accidents happen, then she added she will need pants for the baby when she starts potty training.