Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
VQW—Jan 14-17, 2022 >

VQW—Jan 14-17, 2022

VQW—Jan 14-17, 2022

Old 01-16-2022, 05:51 AM

Well I didn’t get too much done yesterday. Working away on my economy blocks. I had more to make than I thought. Still about a dozen to go
Old 01-16-2022, 06:01 AM

I've made another 20 of the foundation pieced neutral blocks so I've got 40 or so to go, Steady progress on this but I knew it would be a long ( for me!) project.
Old 01-16-2022, 06:33 AM

Looks like everyone is busy this weekend!
Sewingalltogether - love the tulips, so crisp and makes me think of spring.
Quiltedsunshine - Wow, quite the project!
Jmoore - like your pattern.
Railroadersbrat - hope the ankle heals quickly.
Gemm - great quilt.

I just spent 25 minutes trying to upload a picture. It shows it can handle a 5 MB file - no it can't. Kept having to reduce size. Finally worked when it was just over 1 MB.

Here's what I've been working on, Now to make the backing and load it on the longarm..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20220115_115028.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	637343  
Old 01-16-2022, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by beckyboo1 View Post
Just curious...any idea how you'll quilt it? I'm looking for ideas for mine.
Same here!
Old 01-16-2022, 09:12 AM

Thought I would join in, even though my sewing machine is still at the "spa". I planned on doing some cutting and stencilling, but feeling a little under the weather, and a +COVID swab has me resting and taking it easy. I go to have the PCR test tomorrow. Hoping for a false + and it's just a cold, but not going to hold my breath.
Great to see all the work that's getting done. I watched Karen Brown this morning on YouTube, her 2022 declutter challenge after reading about her on this thread. She sure makes sense and makes some really good points, I commend those that are participating in her challenge. Enjoy your weekend sewing, organizing, or hand stitching. I will check back tomorrow to see everyone's progress.
Old 01-16-2022, 10:16 AM

I have been cutting and sewing along here and have finished 2 or 3 blocks so far that I want finished. I am going slowly since COVID knocked the socks off me a few months ago. I have the 3 and a 4th cut out and ready for stitching. I am not sure if I will get the 3rd one finished. We are having company for MLK day and my house is a disaster. So the rest of the day I must slowly try to clean the living room and dining room so I can seat 8 people tomorrow. This will be the first time I am entertaining since I was sick. I am so looking forward to this.
Old 01-16-2022, 10:41 AM

I'm not a frequent visitor to the board let alone posting anything. This weekend I have been busy quilting a small scrappy quilt, the pattern is called Hot Cross Stars. I have 2 sides of the border to go, then binding. I'll try to remember to post pics when it's done.
Old 01-16-2022, 11:00 AM

Lone Star Quilting Ideas
It seems like there are at least 3 of us with Lone Stars that are looking for ideas -
So here are a few resources I found online for our assistance:
1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsX02cZcVmU&t=880s - This is Nancy from OnPoint TV with a few different ideas
2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WEYqV1yphE - On Williams Street - More ideas with doodle practice ahead of time. I'm not computer savvy enough to load my pictures into the computer and then draw on them, but boy - that looks like a great way to get ideas that will work specifically for my quilt.
3) https://www.childlikefascination.com...able-eBook.pdf = Childlike Fascination has blank pages to practice your designs before plunging in. I like to print one copy, put it into a plastic sheet protector and then I can draw with a dry erase marker and a piece of batting to erase and try again. She's got multiple sizes so you can print the whole thing or just the one page that's useful to your size - for me that's a 4x4 diamonds or 128.

Now the bad news is something is wrong with the heat in my sewing space so its *wicked* cold down there.
Old 01-16-2022, 11:53 AM

Rff - a cold sewing space is only good if you're organizing fabric and hefting boxes about! Hope you get it fixed quickly.

I have a nice roll of binding ready to go for my string quilt (thanks for the description, btw, jmoore) so feel I can safely put all of the leftover fabrics away now. Might work on that this afternoon/evening once I've got some other things done around the house. It's been great working with you all this weekend - thanks for the company!
Old 01-16-2022, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rff1010 View Post
Lone Star Quilting Ideas
It seems like there are at least 3 of us with Lone Stars that are looking for ideas -
So here are a few resources I found online for our assistance:
1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsX02cZcVmU&t=880s - This is Nancy from OnPoint TV with a few different ideas
2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WEYqV1yphE - On Williams Street - More ideas with doodle practice ahead of time. I'm not computer savvy enough to load my pictures into the computer and then draw on them, but boy - that looks like a great way to get ideas that will work specifically for my quilt.
3) https://www.childlikefascination.com...able-eBook.pdf = Childlike Fascination has blank pages to practice your designs before plunging in. I like to print one copy, put it into a plastic sheet protector and then I can draw with a dry erase marker and a piece of batting to erase and try again. She's got multiple sizes so you can print the whole thing or just the one page that's useful to your size - for me that's a 4x4 diamonds or 128.

Now the bad news is something is wrong with the heat in my sewing space so its *wicked* cold down there.
Thanks for the links. I have watched many of the On Point videos in trying to figure out how to get my Lone Star to come out right. I'll check the other 2 out as well.