Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Deluxe Denim King-Size quilt! >

Deluxe Denim King-Size quilt!

Deluxe Denim King-Size quilt!

Old 01-18-2022, 10:40 AM

Gorgeous!! Very lucky person. I have only been brave enough to make rag quilts from my old jeans. They are very popular combined with the ugly (to me lol) bulldog mascot fabric.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:18 AM

I absolutely love it! It’s the best demon quilt I’ve seen and I made a few of them myself. Thank you for all the information about how you accomplished the whole quilt. You didn’t state the finish size but I’m guessing about 98 x 105. I made a queen size for my grandson and the weight is really something! My last few denim quilts have been throw size because of this. I really like the weight as a throw. I guess growing up we were weighed down with quilts because no heat at night so I like a little weight. I made a throw with denim, no batting, and a soft fleece/Minky type backing. It wraps around you good to cuddle and watch TV. My plan was to give for charity but I’m having a difficult time letting this one go.-lol Congratulations on a great idea and finish! I hope your sister takes you out to eat, at least, for making this Monster of a quilt for her friend!-Toogie
ps.Did you quilt this on a programmable long arm? I can’t imagine struggling with this on a long arm where you have to move the quilt instead of the machine.

Last edited by toogie; 01-18-2022 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-18-2022, 01:24 PM

Your denim quilt came out great! Love it. About how many pairs of jeans did you use?
Also, helpful to see as I'm going to make a denim rug from old jeans in a similar way.
Old 01-18-2022, 08:45 PM

This is remarkable. I'm astonished at how well the "buffalo plaid" came out - so convenient that he had such a nice variety of tones in his castoffs! I am also curious as to its weight and the practicality of washing it, but I would still like one for myself all the same!
Old 01-19-2022, 02:36 AM

Your quilt is FABulous! I like your diagonal squared quilting design....tell me did you quilt it on your domestic machine?
I vote for this being the world's nicest denim quilt ! Your idea to make it look like a buffolo check pattern is what I like the most about it! The flannel backing gives it the extra cozy factor. Thank you for sharing the great photos with us.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:19 AM

Who needs a weighted blanked with this beauty of recycled jeans! Good plan and quilting. Your arms and your sewing machine must be tired!
Old 01-19-2022, 03:40 AM

What a fabulous denim project…I’’m exhausted just reading your post. It sounds like wrestling a small elephant but you did a great job! I love the quilting motif you used to put it all together. He is surely going to love it.
Old 01-19-2022, 04:05 AM

Best denim quilt ever! I shudder to think of struggling with all that weight while constructing it, though...not sure I'm brave enough to try it. But you make me want to give it a go - your's is just stunning.
Old 01-19-2022, 04:39 AM
Power Poster

It turned out wonderful. I love denim quilts. Yours is top of the list. He’s going to love it!
Old 01-19-2022, 06:32 AM

Default Stunning Denim quilt!

I agree this quilt is the most beautiful denim quilt of all time. Your lay out is wonderful! I can't imagine how heavy that was to work on. The dude you made it for is gonna love his denim quilt. I wonder if he has any idea how difficult it is to sew through all that denim. I hope you show him these posts from fellow quilters that are in absolute awe!

You made a wonderfully beautiful quilt!