Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Today is our 45th wedding anniversary >

Today is our 45th wedding anniversary

Today is our 45th wedding anniversary

Old 02-05-2022, 05:44 AM

Default Today is our 45th wedding anniversary

Hello fellow quilters
Today my husband and i are celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary. We had planned on going to the Caribbean on a cruise ship. We have such beautiful memories there from our many visits by way of cruising!
For months I have been furious that so many of us are being put in a box. I told my husband how furious I am that we "aren't allowed" to go because of all this nuttiness and he was so sweet and said hey we have wonderful memories just think about that! Meanwhile it's freezing in Alaska!
Then I think 🤔 Most people have this place on their bucket list! Ha!!! what a thought to ponder. We have so much to be thankful for! Side note... My husband knows how much I LOVE lemon meringue pie. He called a local restaurant and ordered some. We went yesterday and had a slice. It was beyond delicious!! It's been at least 25 years since I've had lemon meringue pie and oh man it was sooooo delicious!

As far as a wedding anniversary gift for my husband, I bought him two knives made by our favorite knife maker. They were sold to me by a dear friend of the knife maker's private collection. How sweet is that. He is still thrilled! I had one engraved with his name and favorite Bible verse Proverbs 3:5,6. He gave me a beautiful ring! I love my husband!

All this to say if stuff is happening and you are furious because things are our of your control. You are not alone! And most of all think on things that are good and help someone who's struggling. Encourage workers in businesses! Thank them for working! Smile when you talk to people, your smile may be just what that person needs. Open a door for someone, help load groceries. Any thing to help others always feels so wonderful and it's what we are supposed to do. People are hurting be their bandage of hope!
I hope you all have a wonderful day... go hug someone!
Old 02-05-2022, 06:11 AM

You are so right in all of this!!!

my husband would love to take a cruise to Alaska!!!

We have been married almost 43 years and counting your blessings is something we all need to remember!!

Happy Anniversary. Congratulations on 45 wonderful years!!!!
Old 02-05-2022, 07:11 AM

Congratulations to you and hubby! I wish you much happiness and love for the next 45 years. We expect a post then too.
Old 02-05-2022, 07:22 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations!

Thank you for the reminder to be grateful for what one has!
Old 02-05-2022, 07:46 AM

My dear hubby and I were married 56 years ..Then God called him home..will be 4 years this coming Nov...I miss him every minute of every day...be thankful and love every second you have with yours..Life is too short sometimes..

Old 02-05-2022, 07:47 AM

Congratulations, glad to hear you got you slice of heaven, thank you for the kind words of hope.
Old 02-05-2022, 07:50 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations on your anniversary and keeping a positive attitude! “ Attitude is like a flat tire, you can’t get anywhere until you change it.”
Old 02-06-2022, 09:06 AM

Happy Anniversary! You are so right about making ourselves available to other people who may need a helping hand. Kindness goes a long way.
Old 02-06-2022, 09:49 AM

Congrats on such a long marriage.
Old 02-06-2022, 09:28 PM

Congratulations on Your Anniversary. And thank you some for this thoughtful reminder.