Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
online shopping for longarm >

online shopping for longarm

online shopping for longarm

Old 02-05-2022, 05:49 PM

Default online shopping for longarm

I have been researching where to purchase a sit down longarm. I live in a small rural community off the road system in Alaska hundreds of miles from any dealers so I have been looking online for companies that will ship me a machine and table. I came across a company called toolsequipmentssupply.com it has incredibly low prices on an odd assortment of power tools, garden equipment and sewing machines. Here is the machine I want to purchase:
https://toolsequipmentssupply.com/se...-capri-18.html
They are selling it for $3150 while the other sites sell it for $7995. It seems too good to be true. Has anybody ever heard of this company or ordered a sewing machine from them?
Old 02-05-2022, 06:02 PM
mkc

Note the website name tools equipmentS supply.

That S at the end of equipment makes it highly suspicious that this is a scammer site.

Also note that if you Google it, it's an Indonesian website, not a domestic location.

I wouldn't go any further with that one. Total scam.
Old 02-05-2022, 06:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mkc View Post
Note the website name tools equipmentS supply.

That S at the end of equipment makes it highly suspicious that this is a scammer site.

Also note that if you Google it, it's an Indonesian website, not a domestic location.

I wouldn't go any further with that one. Total scam.
I agree. But if you're not sure, call HandiQuilter and ask if this company is authorized to sell their product.
Old 02-05-2022, 10:19 PM

Thanks, looks like you're right.
https://www.scamadviser.com/check-we...entssupply.com
Old 02-07-2022, 11:12 AM

In my opinion you will never go wrong purchasing from a machine dealer. Then you have the comfort knowing that is you need assistance with the machine you have someone to call for help. Talk with a local dealer and perhaps there is a used machine that is available in your area. I purchased a dealer's floor model that was a couple of years old - and I have her to contact in the event there are any issues. I would be cautious making that large of a purchase not knowing who you are dealing with, there is too much money on the line for that . Good luck - hope you find a good fit.
Old 02-07-2022, 03:46 PM

I live in Alaska as well. There is a HandiQuilter dealer in Wasilla. It might be worth a phone call or email to see if shipping to your location is possible and how much it will cost.

Here is their website - https://www.twofriendsquilting.com/

Old 02-07-2022, 04:02 PM

Having grown up in Alaska, I can appreciate the distances -- but I really recommend that you test drive multiple machines or at least get some sort of hands-on experience if you can. There are many factors to consider. Price/delivery is one certainly -- but also what you hope to do, as well as space available, as well as just how that brand of machine does things.

I find I have relatively short arms and anything longer than about 18" is just wasted on me. I also prefer to stand up and dance along with the machine head on a long arm, as opposed to having a sit down model. I want my stitch regulator, but can't afford much in terms of robotics.

We usually recommend people visit a sewing expo of some sort -- they have been hard to find since Covid and never that big a thing in Alaska even without that added issue. If you have any trips planned to the lower 48, you might want to make it coincide with an expo (or at least go to some shops) so you can see various models all at the same time. As you've already found out -- the base prices are high enough as it is and if you are going to spend 7-30k+ on something, you should get something you already know you like.