Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone sewing today? (Sunday 2/13) >

Anyone sewing today? (Sunday 2/13)

Anyone sewing today? (Sunday 2/13)

Old 02-13-2022, 04:33 PM

I finished a quilt top today, pattern Four Sisters. Then I picked up stuff that was laying around the sewing room. I thought about hand binding during the game but I have a cat on my lap!
Old 02-13-2022, 04:52 PM

I did a couple of loads of laundry. Cut a few more pieces I need to finish Clue 7 of the mystery, after that I stitched one block...But put in a solid red piece in the center of the nine patch instead of a butterfly. Trying to decide if I want to rip or to do all the rest like the one with the mistake. Might be interesting.
Old 02-13-2022, 07:42 PM

I got back to my Free Motion Mastery in a Month. I've been really good but took a couple days off. I also made a basket liner for my laundry basket which came out less than great. Yesterday I put together the quilt top I started in a class in August. I want to used it for a practice piece for the Free Motion Mastery class.
Old 02-14-2022, 02:57 AM

Talking

Happy Valentines day one and all! Yesterday, 2/13, I began cutting out a baby quilt. I was careful to measure twice and cut once.

Old 02-14-2022, 03:48 AM

I did sew for a few hours yesterday and assembled 48 blocks from a Layer Cake that I have had for years (and can’t figure out for the life of me why I bought 2 of them)…they are not my colors. I am making up Amy Smart’s free Hour Glass pattern and will donate the quilt.

I worked on a small knitting project during the game … I am just learning to knit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1C6BC86C-49EB-4EDF-A9D7-F353718CC5DD.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	637936  
Old 02-14-2022, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
Yes. I worked on a tee shirt quilt for my granddaughter for graduation.
what size are you making? How many shirts? I bought some tshirt stabilizer and it was 60x72.
Old 02-14-2022, 04:40 AM

I took the day to work on a counted cross stitch pattern my son sent me for Christmas so I could be in the living room and watch tv with my husband.
Old 02-14-2022, 06:33 AM

I spent the day taking apart my Rhododendron Trail because I had 2 blocks that I felt were too similar next to each other. Now it is back together with the first border back on. You would think I would have noticed that before the rows were sewn together!
Old 02-14-2022, 09:20 AM

Sounds like you all had a great Sunday! I finished two applique blocks (with buttonhole stitch) while I was watching a history show in the evening.

I love all your projects!

Enjoy your week everyone!
Old 02-15-2022, 08:17 AM

Well it is now the 15th and I can reveal what I was working on to keep away from a game that I have no interest in. I cut out 2 blocks. I completed one and have the other one laid out. Both are for QAL's that I am doing. I have 6 blocks completed plus all the connector blocks (12 of them) for one of them and 8 blocks done on the other quilt top. I hope to get the 9th block done on this one today. This was enough to keep me busy during what is called the Super Game???? I just wanted to know what happened to the Olympics?
Neither of these QAL's are stressful and can be completed on my own time. So this makes it fun.