Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Attaching 2 pieces of wool batting >

Attaching 2 pieces of wool batting

Attaching 2 pieces of wool batting

Old 02-16-2022, 09:33 AM

Default Attaching 2 pieces of wool batting

Has anyone connected 2 pieces of wool batting together to form a larger piece. What method did you use. I have done it with cotton but never with wool.
Old 02-16-2022, 09:51 AM

Default matching pieces of batting.

Originally Posted by Eisy View Post
Has anyone connected 2 pieces of wool batting together to form a larger piece. What method did you use. I have done it with cotton but never with wool.
I have never done this with wool batting, but use this method for both cotton and poly. Overlap the two pieces about 2-3 inches. Take your rotary cutter and cut a serpentine or wavy line from top to bottom on this overlap. This allows you to have perfectly matched sides that you can then zig-zag your batting into one piece.
Old 02-18-2022, 07:01 AM

I did my usual method - put some glue stick on the edges and overlapped. Once I quilt over the “seam,” I can’t tell where the overlap is. The wool is a bit fuzzy so the glue stick is a bit trickier to apply.
Old 02-18-2022, 07:03 AM

I use the same method for all my batting’s, I just zigzag the edges together overlapping by maybe a generous quarter inch.
Old 02-20-2022, 06:04 AM
Power Poster

I piece wool batting strips often. I butt the edges together and use a wide, long zigzag . It’s worked well for me for all kinds of batting. It doesn’t show at all, you can’t tell in the finished quilt.
Old 02-20-2022, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
I piece wool batting strips often. I butt the edges together and use a wide, long zigzag . It’s worked well for me for all kinds of batting. It doesn’t show at all, you can’t tell in the finished quilt.
This is how I do mine, I use the stitch in the ditch foot to give me a barrier to butt the two edges against while I zig zag them together.