Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend 2/18-2/21/22 >

Virtual quilting weekend 2/18-2/21/22

Virtual quilting weekend 2/18-2/21/22

Old 02-18-2022, 06:43 PM

I truly understand SusieQOh, I fall into the same pattern of sewing. I plugged in my sewing machine today and made a few seams and I've been ripping out everything that I've sewn. Just out of practice. But I shall try again tomorrow

Enjoy

cherrybsixty
Old 02-18-2022, 06:55 PM

Happylab - the Lock-in Sounds fun! I'm hoping to be able to do something like that after my kid leaves home. It's going to be here sooner than I think I'm ready for!
Old 02-18-2022, 07:55 PM

I have part of my RWB sewn together. I picked up my machine and it sounds so much better.

Dedemac: The wind was certainly bad this afternoon. Nice finishes for your church group.

kristijoy: Pretty quilts.

I enjoy reading everyone’s posts.
Old 02-19-2022, 03:15 AM

I'm leaving on a jet plane tonight - but I might have time for a little FMQ on my Lone star if I'm focused about laundry and last minute things!
Old 02-19-2022, 03:57 AM

Looks like everyone has quite a list of projects this weekend … thank you Heather.

I don’t think I’ll get much sewing done but will check in to see how all of you are making out. My coast guard son is away for 3 months on his ship so DIL is bringing the grandsons to us for a few days during school break( ages 4 and 7) and it gives her a nice break too. We are so looking forward to having them.

I am finishing up binding on a queen size quilt and need to get the label on but after that DH really needs me to focus on getting my taxes done on my real estate business.

Connie, I like your idea about a tumbler leader/ender project. Will you do them scrappy or do you have a color/pattern in mind?
Old 02-19-2022, 04:57 AM

I kept my list short this weekend and Ta-Da the Harriet's Journey is finished right down to the label! Boy it felt grand to fold it up and say DONE! It will go with me to my quilt group meeting for Show and Tell on Monday then on the wall in my dining room. Picture will come later this weekend.

I dove into the scrappy HST baby quilt and found I need three more HSTs to make an additional row. Easy Peasy and better than having 7 orphan blocks! Then off to the local quilt shop for a back. Can't believe I don't have an appropriate back, but I don't. Will also be shopping or at least looking for the fabric for a commissioned quilt.

So many productive plans and some finishes with the group already. I always find it surprising how much can be accomplished when we just stop and do one thing for a concentrated amount of time, even it is only a couple of hours on a weekend. Keep those machines humming and fingers stitching. Love seeing the results.
Old 02-19-2022, 05:34 AM

I have so many unfinished projects ….. I’m focusing on that this weekend.
Old 02-19-2022, 06:00 AM

Working on several UFOs. (I was inspired after listening to the American Patchwork and Quilting Podcast about UFOs that someone on the board mentioned.) Really wanted to get out today but we are having snow squalls and icing so a good day to catch up.
Old 02-19-2022, 06:10 AM

I've spent the last week reorganizing my sewing room. Found things I'd forgotten, well you know... Anyway, I have several tops I planned to sandwich today. See you later!
Old 02-19-2022, 06:26 AM

Hi everybody,
Trouble potential. I’m working on my Vintage Rose. It probably goes together as it should if I followed directions, but I’m like an old dog who doesn’t learn new tricks. I had to rip out those dark red pieces at the base of the petals. They weren’t laying flat. Had to hand sew them in. So I’m worried that the whole thing isn’t going to lay flat. So I’m going to sew the petals together. I don’t think you’re supposed to sew the whole thing together until you have all the sections done. But I’m too worried it won’t go together well and I would rather know now. It’s a 5 year old UFO that I’m trying to finish. I has been a lot of work. A real challenge for me. Ya, I know it’s pretty but I need to know if I need to change to plan B.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	B602F1DA-C54E-451C-9EE2-5A9BB54D7442.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	285.6 KB
ID:	638080