Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone bought from Lancaster Home and Fabric? >

Anyone bought from Lancaster Home and Fabric?

Anyone bought from Lancaster Home and Fabric?

Old 02-25-2022, 02:23 PM

Default Anyone bought from Lancaster Home and Fabric?

I was looking for a discontinued fabric and stumbled onto their site. They have some great prices on items I like. I'm surprised I've not heard anyone mention them. Has anyone had experience with them?

bkay
Old 02-25-2022, 04:07 PM

I haven't, because I live 2500 miles away and prefer to purchase from my local shops here in town.
However, a brief perusal of their website reveals that they've only been "Lancaster Home & Fabric" since late 2019. So it's possible you may have heard of their other iterations: Dutchland Quilt Patch and Weaver's Dry Goods.
Old 02-25-2022, 04:23 PM

Hadn't heard of those either. I'm in Texas, so just about as far away as you. It's a discontinued line.

We've lost at least three LQS since the pandemic hit. So, before I started looking, I called my local quilt shop and they didn't have the line I was looking for. So I searched for it, and this site came up at the top of the list. The fabric I wanted was only $6.25 per yard. That's less than Marshall Dry Goods asks for discontinued fabric from major fabric lines.

That's why I'm asking. It seems to good to be true. What's wrong?

bkay
Old 02-25-2022, 04:30 PM

Lol. Maybe it's just cheaper there? I went to a retreat in Missouri last May, was blown away at the difference in pricing there compared to here (Portland Oregon area). Not just fabrics, but EVERYthing was cheaper. We went to a sit-down restaurant, I decided to pay for the retreat organizer's meal as a thank-you for her hard work. I did not tell her I was going to do this beforehand. She had a shrimp cocktail appetizer, we both had steaks, we both had cocktails, we both had dessert. (And yes, we both had to roll ourselves back to our cars 🤣 ). I paid just under $40 for both our meals including the tip. In my area, the total would have been at least double that!
Old 02-26-2022, 01:57 PM

Thanks for letting us know about them!
Old 02-27-2022, 05:33 AM

I often go to Lancaster and have visited Dutchland Quilt Patch and Weaver's many times In person because I live in Pennsylvania. They have wonderful fabric and Weaver's especially has the largest selection of panels I've seen. As a rule, the yardage prices are good, probably due to the sheer number of quilt shops in Lancaster County. Don't know if the mail order is the same though. On my last trip, it was not unusual to see $6.00 a yard fabric.

Last edited by Nesie; 02-27-2022 at 05:37 AM.
Old 02-27-2022, 08:05 AM

I think I did order some discontinued yardage from them last year, no problems.
Old 02-28-2022, 06:50 PM
Power Poster

I just checked their site out. Oh my gosh! They have everything! Thank you for telling us about them, bkay.
Old 03-03-2022, 02:01 AM

I did not recognize the name till I looked at their website and saw the building. I have not visited since before Covid hit. Need to check this out again.
Old 07-30-2023, 07:36 PM

Default I see it's a year since someone posted......

I just happened upon the Lancaster Home and Fabric site this weekend. Although there are many well-known fabric companies on the website, there are some companies I don't recognize and was wondering if they may not be "quilt-quality" fabrics.

3 Wishes A.E. Nathan Blend Fabric Camelot Diamond Textiles EE Schenk Exclusively Quilters
Fabri-Quilt Fabric Traditions Freckle & Lollie Kamala Textiles Lewis & Irene ..... and many more...Has anyone been in the store or shopped online with them lately?

Your comments about their fabrics would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited by thrums; 07-30-2023 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Thank you