2022 UFO challenge

Old 03-07-2022, 12:56 PM

UFO'ers, this is my story on the pix that's previously posted, I've had it in the making for at least the last five years. I finished the top last October and took it back to Kansas with me for my semi-annual visit with my grandson. My cousin that does my long-arming quilted it in a couple of days and had it and another top ready for me to bring back for me to gift them at Christmas time. My California cousin just loves this gift

Thank for allowing me to share the story, y'all and have a happy sewing day

cherrybsixty

Last edited by cherrybsixty; 03-07-2022 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-07-2022, 04:14 PM

Cherrybsixty, Love the pattern, Arkansas Crossroads Like your color choices and as a 2.5 kind of gal, the pieces charm me to no end. I finished one a couple of weeks ago but it didn't qualify as a UFO, It was only a WIP that actually got done before it became a UFO.. Congratulations on a finish.
Old 03-07-2022, 04:54 PM

cherrybsixty: Great finish! I hope to do this pattern some day.
Old 03-08-2022, 04:33 AM

Reported the spam
Old 03-08-2022, 04:44 PM

WMUTeach and retiredteach, thank you very much for your kind words, This one I would work on it and then I would put it away until I finally decided to gift to someone. Then I could finally stay with it to finish. I didn't realize it was a 2.5 candy WMUT until you said it. I really am working on two tops now but they are not real UFO's. hopefully I can get one of them done to go back to Kansas with me in a month or so

Happy sewing everyone

cherrybsixty

Last edited by cherrybsixty; 03-08-2022 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-11-2022, 04:57 PM

Lovely finish Cherrybsixty, I have always liked the pattern.

I have so not been into the sewing/quilting mood for the last few months. But I’m beginning to get it back. I’m working on several projects a little at a time. This weeks goal to quilt the Raggedy Ann top (1/2 set up on my quilting machine) and figure out the final border for my Bauble top. Once I figure that out it’s just a quilt project. I really dislike it when I don’t have enough to make a border 6.5”. So I have to go hunting in my stash.
Old 03-12-2022, 03:53 AM

Nice finish CherryB. I love your colorful version. I am fond of that pattern and use it continuously for leader/enders and have made three so far. Congratulations on your UFO finish and being able to post photos.
Old 03-12-2022, 05:23 AM

Love your quilt Cherrybsixty. I have not yet even done one UFO. Maybe next week I can finally get to one of them. There are just too many new options in my head. FOCUS GIRL!
Old 03-12-2022, 04:01 PM

Default Oklahoma Windmills

I finally have a finish for this year??? My brain has been in a fog since January, mom who is 90 fell and broke 2 ribs so a lot of my time has been dealing with her. So I can't remember if I have posted one yet, I guess I could page back an look.

Brenda Plaster from Spool & Bobbin Quilting asked me if I would like to test a lap size 50 x70 quilt last year. Oklahoma Windmills and as far as I know it's not on anyone's website yet so you have to contact her if you would like the pattern. This is the first time I used all batiks on a quilt, love how it looks but wasn't the easiest for me to work with. I love the pattern she chose to quilt and she picked a wonderful back for it. It sat for many months without the binding on and then many more trying to stitch it down but I did the last 2 inches today! Since we had some sun I put it over my bean fence. (last years beans are peeking at the bottom, and it's not quite flat since the fence is not straight anymore) Hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0410CC.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	325.2 KB
ID:	638594   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0415CC.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	638595  
Old 03-12-2022, 05:22 PM

Lovely colors, Dedemac. I haven't done a blue quilt in a while. Your quilt is a good reminder to dive in to my blues.