Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fall Round Robin Group B  is open until 10/1/21 >

Fall Round Robin Group B is open until 10/1/21

Fall Round Robin Group B is open until 10/1/21

Old 02-22-2022, 03:53 PM
Power Poster

Talking

Originally Posted by JessQuilts View Post
My hippos are done!!! This is going to be for an anniversary quilt for my parents. My dad requested hippos and dogs and my mom requested a blue scrappy look, so I tried to find something that had both of those themes for the center of the quilt. Feel free to incorporate your favorite shade of blue, hippos, dog, bright colors, and things that make you happy in this quilt! (PS their wedding date is 5/14/94 if someone wants to include that.) I am so excited to participate in this project and see how it grows! ((The pattern for the hippos can be found on quiltartdesign.com))

For Violetsunnus- Why are there dogs with the hippos connection. post 43
Old 02-22-2022, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Violetsunnus View Post
Oops, I did not pay attention to who wrote that thread, I just saw “quilts” at the end.

Also, I am looking at the quilt with the hippos and the umbrella-I am not trying to be insensitive or perhaps I missed a thread in the conversation about the hippo quilt if so please enlighten me,but what is the correlation between the dogs border and the hippos? Is there a story behind this? Because it does help me when I am making a border. Or did you just like dogs and hippos? What colors are you interested in for your border? I see orange and I like orange. 😁
Honestly feel free to do what makes you happy! Some orange would be awesome! The quilt is for my parents and they requested dogs and hippos and scrappy blue or orange. But really anything that has bright colors or a happy vibe is appreciated!
Old 02-22-2022, 08:52 PM

Thank you. Got it.
Old 02-23-2022, 07:35 PM

Here is Wendy's quilt all done...it will go in the mail on Friday (weather permitting!)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WendyMcD5.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	252.7 KB
ID:	638247  
Old 02-28-2022, 10:13 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful finish Carriem. Thank you for posting the picture. It is nice to see it all completed.
Old 03-04-2022, 09:19 AM

Anna's Farm Life quilt is finished!

Name:	20220304_094115 small.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	638392  
Old 03-11-2022, 01:23 PM

Ya'll did a great job, thanks so much. I still have Violets here I think I know where I'm headed with it. Been really sick in and out of ER, bad bacterial infection in kidneys and leg, fun.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:28 PM

Wendy do not worry about completely it take care of yourself. I am not in town, I have been tending to matters with my Mother.
Jess, I am going to send you the quilt because I have no idea when I will be back home, I bought it with me with the intent to work on it and I have not been able to do so. Ladies I thank you all for this learning experience and I am very glad that I did do this.
Old 03-20-2022, 07:47 AM

I just got my quilt back and it is absolutely lovely! I am awed by y'all's amazing work! It looks so gorgeous with so much detail! I can't express how amazing and wonderful this quilt is! I'll post the final picture in a few minutes. Thanks for letting me participate! This was such a fun project! As a younger and less experienced quilter I learned so much just seeing everyone's work and techniques!
Old 03-20-2022, 07:57 AM

Here's the final product! I will probably add a blue ombre border to finish it out! This has been so amazing to participate in!

Name:	small finished.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	638700