Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 03-12-2022, 05:04 AM

Wow, 38 swappers must have been pretty awesome! My first candy swap was in 2020. I don't remember exactly how many swappers signed up, but I think it was around 23?

SBG, I'm looking forward to seeing Givio's quilt! I can only hope someone finishes my UFOs as generously as you.
Old 03-12-2022, 06:27 AM

Oh I recall making up 40 packages - really got my stash bin down! and oh how the mail was heavy with candy!! miss it!
Old 03-12-2022, 07:12 AM

The first couple of years I was interested, it filled up right away and I missed out. Since then, I don't think it's filled up, and each year I've participated has had less swappers than the year before.
Old 03-12-2022, 05:17 PM

I miss the groups of 25 + too, I don't know how to to lure folks in. A number of active QB folks this year chose to "lurk" but not participate in the swap. Busy lives, too many 2.5's that haven't been used and so on. I even contacted folks from the past few years' swaps who did not sign up last year or this year. I thought that since we were are more or less back to normal, going to shops and group meetings that others would want to jump in. It appears not to be so or is it sew?

I am looking for good ideas or suggestions for the future. I am watching for QB members who mention or show off their work that makes use of 2.5, so I can send them an invite for next year. Fingers crossed.
Old 03-13-2022, 04:28 AM

Hi again ladies. I participated last year for the first time and dropped out this year. As much as I’d love to participate again, life isn’t cooperating.

in September we sold our house and moved in with my mom. Our intent was to finish out the giant garage and live in it, or possibly buy/build a granny pod on the property. So far everything has moved WAY slower than we ever anticipated and we are still in the house with her.

We lost our sewing room in the deal and barely have room for the three of us and our necessary things like clothes and such. I could cut the kits out at her dining table (which is where I sew when I get the rare opportunity) but I just don’t need to try and find a place to store more fabric, even as small and cute as the candies are.

I hope to sign up next go around when we have some more personal space. We shall see. I have enjoyed lurking here though - hope you don’t mind.

Darren
Old 03-13-2022, 04:53 AM

Another issue you may be facing is a general reduction in the number of active members on the QB in general. Another board I used to follow has all but died at the hands of Facebook. Literally weeks go by without a single post on that board now.

I think this board has done an exceptional job at staying active but I’m afraid for the future of platforms like this unless something changes.
Old 03-13-2022, 07:30 AM

Good to meet you, Darren. I may go lurk on candy themed fb pages and suggest the QB to those groups :-) I really don't like fb but so many quilters are heading over there....
Old 03-13-2022, 07:38 AM

Jennr8r - I am so sorry to hear that it was time for your fur baby to cross the bridge. Our pets are so precious.
Old 03-13-2022, 01:25 PM
Power Poster

Ibex94 and I got to meet in person Friday!! We had lunch together, with her Dad. They are both the sweetest people!
Old 03-13-2022, 05:11 PM

Hey, sewbizgirl and ibex4 what fun for you to meet!

Wesing and all of the other lurkers...............WELCOME! We are not a closed group. So sorry you have lost your sewing space, but as we know God has a plan! There are times and seasons and perhaps now is a time for a different focus, But, your heart and joy and creativity will be given grace to grow in the meantime.

Good idea Ibex94. Folks can join the QB and lurk with us and then . . . . I have joined a couple FB groups and found them interesting but so large that it feels impersonal. Filled with good ideas though!!.