Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 18-20, 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 18-20, 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 18-20, 2022

Old 03-18-2022, 03:58 PM

WooHoo. First project done. This is a UFO from probably 15 years ago. This was the first NYD mystery quilt I did. My next quilt is ready to hand stitch the binding

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4494BBC1-D9D0-443A-BE58-15EC0A017053.jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	638677  
Old 03-18-2022, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
3. Go for a walk in the rain and smell the scents of spring.
Happy stitching everyone, may your accomplishments this weekend be grand.
WMU has the right idea. I had an itch to do some regular piecing but rather than let myself start yet another project - I put together some blocks I had made earlier into a top center. (Scrappy pink and grey stars) It still needs borders and I'm going to challenge myself a little bit with a pieced border. **MATH**

I was also in the depths of quilting 2 other scrappies when I realized I was going to run out of thread. Tried to get what I needed at JAF but somewhere along the way I got finicky about my thread. So I'm going to stop by the Quilt Shop tomorrow. Lord help me from myself....
Old 03-19-2022, 02:08 AM

I am going to try and jump in later today or maybe tomorrow. Things the last few days have not been good, a couple of migraines, an accident with my coffee and keyboard and then finding a mouse nest in one of my kitchen drawers, both my quilting corner and my kitchen are a mess. I'm plugging away at both, I have the house to myself this weekend so I'm working without interruptions, but it's still slow going because of the migraine recovery. If I can get to it, I'll be marking my Harvesttime table quilt and get it sandwiched, then put my Brother away and pulling out my old girl so I can start getting it quilted. If the weather holds out, I'll snap a picture post marks, I realized when I jumped on here that I never took a photo of it when I finished the top.
Old 03-19-2022, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by cherrybsixty View Post
Good morning WMUT, since I am still lurking on the board I just want to say that is a beautiful block. Blessing with that creation.

Happy piecing

cherrybsixty
Thanks for the comment, cherrybsixty. I would never have used this block except a friend asked me to make a quilt for his wife. This is what he chose The block is lovely but with all the bias edges it ends up ruffling even with spraying it heavily with starch. Just to whine a little more. The directions for the quilt are horrible. I know why the book was it my local library's book sail.

I have 16 pinwheel blocks done and look to make more today, then start cutting and sewing the sashing.
Quite sure I will work on the UFO because the pinwheels can be .........annoying and challenging. The mind needs a break now and again.

Looking for progress from others! Chin up and away we go!
Old 03-19-2022, 07:49 AM

happylab--hope you finish before the lock-in

WMUTeach--love the pinwheel block

jmoore--that is an adorable quilt for your grandson

Quiltmom2--I have some reverse sewing to do myself this weekend

tallchick--I hope you find your sewjo

lolagrace--would love to see more information about the paper pieced blocks you're working on. Website?

Iceblossom--all the organizing and packing for a move is very challenging. Good luck!

nesie--cute Halloween runner

Well, I puttered in my sewing room yesterday, picking up stuff and putting some things away. I've been cutting out the Bats & Boos free pattern from Fat Quarter Shop. It was released last Halloween but will be done for this year's holiday! I have a couple bindings to sew on and then the reverse sewing and resewing.
Old 03-19-2022, 02:13 PM

Got the borders cut and sewn together, tomorrow I will get them sewn to the top and I will be happy to call it done. Had to do a few other things today as well or it would have been finished. It seem’s to me that every time I do borders it takes me about 1/2 a day to get it done. I think I will search for a quilt with no borders for the next project!
Old 03-19-2022, 03:03 PM
Power Poster

cjsews- that's gorgeous! Much too pretty to be a ufo
What does NYD mean?
Old 03-19-2022, 03:11 PM

NYD IS New Years Day. Merry mayhem has a one day mystery every year

I finished my second goal for this VQW. These fabrics were all given to me. There are still PLENTY of red and black pieces. I ran out of fabrics used on the first round so, changed
the color rotation in the next round. My guild had a block of the month challenge and the first was a log cabin block. Second was to make a star block. Two for one here.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FEB4A377-CF2E-467A-B16D-E43552128BA9.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	638694  
Old 03-19-2022, 03:48 PM

Wow cjsews, that is beautiful. I really like it.
Old 03-20-2022, 03:34 AM

Update: Have finished piecing the main body of the Bonnie Hunter "Jamestown Landing" quilt, started on this around Thanksgiving, doing cutting/piecing for a couple hours a day as a warm up to other projects. Still debating about the pieced borders, although I'm reasonably sure I have enough scrap blues to proceed. I've also got an Amish quilt Roman Stripe variation to hand stitch binding to the back: It's black on black which gives my eyes a workout.