Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Let's talk about shipping >

Let's talk about shipping

Let's talk about shipping

Old 03-09-2022, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

I placed an order for a set of plastic machine quilting templets from a sewing machine store in texas. I am not sure how this chain store works, but they sent me two sets. .One set from texas and one from washington state. Now I was only charged once. I called the business in washington (a quilt store) and informed them of the double mailing. These were $125.00 a set. The lady argued with me when I told her about the error and that they needed to be returned to her store. It took another phone call and four days for her to send me a email link to a prepaid label to return them. I would never keep anything not mine. But honestly, I was so upset from talking to the quilt store, I was ready to through up my hands and give up.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:04 AM

I do order online once in awhile, but not too often. Several years ago, when we ordered our tractor/lawn mower, we were supposed to get a free trailer. It did not come, so we called the company. They showed they had shipped it, but offered to re-ship. They promptly did, and we received it. About 6 weeks later, we got a pickup notification that our trailer was at the PO ready for pickup. But....they shipped it to the address of our cabin! We do not get mail delivery at the cabin. We used to only have fire numbers, but they switched over to "street addresses" mostly for fire purposes. There is now a group of mail boxes at the turn off from the main highway for the few year-rounders. How they got the cabin address, I have absolutely no idea. We now have two trailers. They told us to keep it!
Old 03-11-2022, 08:05 AM

I am fortunate that the majority of my packages get here undamaged. I do most of my shopping online any more because I don't go out very often. 98% of my quilting supplies are bought online and even the majority of my groceries are ordered online. I have my preferred shippers but that is not how things usually go. Right now I am waiting for a package from Australia to the USA. Once it arrived in the USA (day before yesterday) it has to go through customs and then into the USPS for delivery. It can take longer to get from the Port of LA to me than it takes to cross the ocean! This is a delivery I am always concerned about because of the distance it is traveling. It usually takes about 3 weeks or a little longer. So I am expecting it to arrive sometime next week. Keeping my fingers crossed. Other supplies I have ordered from this company have arrived with out incident and I am hopeful and take a deep breath that this too will get here safely.
Old 03-11-2022, 09:24 AM

My fastest shipper is Quilted Twins. Florida to Michigan in just a few days.
Old 03-12-2022, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
A lot of problems have occurred because of Covid but MSQC has never had good shipping and I don't know why. I only order from them when I'm not in a hurry. They should address that.
They had super fast shipping several years ago when they used USPS. They recently renewed with Fed Ex and since I don't want to be tempted, I just don't even look at their emails or website. I would pay more for shipping to know that I can track and receive my package in a timely manner.
Old 03-20-2022, 07:46 PM

Default shipping

I order fabric/supplies online fairly often as the nearest town of any size is 45 min away. I moved to TX 4 years ago, and have received several packages to my current address from a major retailer. When I ordered from them recently, the package didn't come after several weeks, I contacted their C.S., who told me that for some unknown reason, my package had been delivered to my old address in another state!
Old 03-20-2022, 07:48 PM

Default shipping

I order fabric/supplies online fairly often as the nearest town of any size is 45 min away. I moved to TX 4 years ago, and have received several packages to my current address from a major retailer. When I ordered from them recently, the package didn't come after several weeks, I contacted their C.S., who told me that for some unknown reason, my package had been delivered to my old address in another state!
EDIT - they did send a replacement without charge, and it arrived within a week. No telling what the other people did with that package
Old 03-21-2022, 12:31 PM

I've been selling on eBay for 20+ years and I'm shocked at how much shipping has increased and how many more issues we have now with packages getting where they need to go. It's insanely frustrating.

I moved three years ago. I'm still getting mail for the previous owners of the house, the renters that were here for 2 years and someone else. I write "return to sender" on the envelopes and the post office brings them back a couple days later. Sigh.
Old 02-18-2024, 01:24 PM

I'll share a some good shipping stories here. My sister has stage IV and her chemo is shipped to her house monthly, If she doesn't take it in a timely manner, it's useless. UPS lost it once in KY. No one cared and it took weeks to get a another shipment from Pfizer. (The med costs about $1700 a month. Then it happened again and no one cared. I can't imagine if this were someone's insulin (which my niece used to get shipped and it has been lost before). Medical insurance companies are not going to send a quick refill. I've been lucky mostly. I was waiting for my longarm delivery and the tracking info was not up to date. Had a friend over on very snowy Sunday. She went to leave and (thank God) saw the boxes lying on the ground, snow covered, behind her car. Fex ex left them there.