Life's too short...

Old 03-24-2022, 07:14 AM
Banned

Default Life's too short...

...to wait for someone else to bring you flowers.img_0270.jpg
Old 03-24-2022, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

I will be bringing in some pussy willow and forsythia this week to enjoy. Flowers always brighten a day!
Old 03-24-2022, 09:02 AM

Tomorrow is my Birthday and we are going out to dinner to celebrate the day. In all the years we have been together we have not sent flower to one another. I guess we are way to practical. Sometimes I miss the idea but it has been more than 30 years. When the annuals come up in the yard I love the smell of fresh lilacs or tulips and they deck the dinning room table at those times. Roses would be nice someday. However he is the most romantic man a woman could ask for. Especially this year I am thinking just how short life is. Having survived a serious case of COVID and hitting the big 70, I have been reflecting on things a great deal. I don't waste a moment of my time and want to do it all! Life is definitely to short.
Old 03-24-2022, 09:25 AM

My husband will buy me flowers but every now and then I will buy them for myself. Why not? Have the flowers now not on your grave
Old 03-24-2022, 11:36 AM

Flowers are my therapy. I often buy outdoor flowering plants and use them indoors. They last way longer than cut flowers, and they always bring a smile to my face.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:13 PM

My red amaryllis is blooming big time right now!! Last summer a neighbor down the road sold cut flowers, zinnias mostly, at a roadside stand. I treated myself a few times.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:28 PM

My yard is full of blooms. My hubby spoils me and I always ask him to buy me a living plant, so it lasts longer and so do the memories. A walk around my garden reminds me of all his thoughtful gifts through the years.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:30 PM

When I lived in Hawaii there was a lady on the north shore who had a road side flower kiosk that held fresh cut tropical flowers for 5.00 a bunch. There was a little locked money box to place your payment in and I always bought at least 2 to make a nice arrangement. I did this for the many years I was assigned to that area, I just love all flowers but the tropical flowers hold a special place in my heart.
Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the beauty of mother nature indoors as well.
Old 03-24-2022, 02:58 PM

My guys are really good giving me flowers for no reason, or just because. My son stores one of his off road trucks in our driveway. Last fall, a single purple and white pansy bloomed by the rear tire. Pushed its way up through a crack in the asphalt. My son took total credit for it, and said it was his gift to me! I often buy flowers for myself. They do bring such joy and beauty to my life.
Old 03-24-2022, 04:11 PM

How sweet! Be kind to yourself! I love flowers inside and out!