Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
help concerning all those hang up phone calls >

help concerning all those hang up phone calls

help concerning all those hang up phone calls

Old 03-15-2022, 06:03 AM

I don't answer landline calls unless it is a family member.
If I mistakenly answer a sales call on cell or landlines, I say my county sheriff's department.
calls have slowed down alot.
Also ATT / android cell phone, click on add to auto reject list, then click on send number, type in 7726 and send.
you will see a response from att that they are using the criminals email and or phone number to track them down. I have been doing this for a few months and these texts and calls have lessened.
constant fight.
Old 03-15-2022, 06:18 AM

I don't answer landline calls unless it is a family member.
If I mistakenly answer a sales call on cell or landlines, I say my county sheriff's department.
calls have slowed down alot.
Also ATT / android cell phone, click on add to auto reject list, then click on send number, type in 7726 and send.
you will see a response from att that they are using the criminals email and or phone number to track them down. I have been doing this for a few months and these texts and calls have lessened.
constant fight.
Old 03-15-2022, 09:11 AM

We still have a landline, which has caller ID. Our phone also "announces" who is calling. It says call from...what/whoever. We simply ignore it if it is someone we do not know. Anyone that is calling with anything of importance can/will leave a message. We don't even have to go look at the phone, just listen for the info. Our phone has the ability to block numbers, and I utilize that also. The do not call list has helped, but is by no means a cure all. So far I get very few calls on my cell phone. Any unwanted calls get blocked.
Old 03-16-2022, 06:20 AM

I don't even answer my house phone any more. If I am sitting close to the phone like I am right now I will reach down and just hang it up for unrecognized numbers. Otherwise everything goes to voice mail and everyone who calls on that number knows to leave a message. Otherwise call my cell.
Old 03-16-2022, 07:18 AM

We gave up our landline at least 10 years ago. We both have cell phones and they are programmed to not ring if the caller isn’t in our contact lists. He/she can leave a voice mail.
Old 03-16-2022, 07:39 AM

you can put your phone on do not disturb except then put in the numbers you want to ring through. All others shouldn't even ring. Might be a PITA but will be great once you set it up
Old 03-16-2022, 09:41 AM

We don't have a landline anymore. I just deleted 29 calls of spam likely. I didn't answer any of them. I've blocked numbers, but they just use a differnet number to call you, Car warrenty, senior life insurance, medicare, student loan, solar power, and buy our house are the ones that keep calling. I'm suppose to be on do not call list on the cell phone, but they keep calling.
Old 03-16-2022, 06:03 PM

We have Apple devices but Android probably has a similar setting. We can have the phone screen calls for us. When someone calls that is not in our contacts, it automatically silences the ringer. If they are in our contacts it rings normally. I don’t have my phone on me but the setting is easy to find.
Old 03-25-2022, 02:57 AM

my new cell phone (Blu, Tracfone) identifies spam and hides it and blocks it. Love it.