Scam for Babylock Jazz II

Old 03-27-2022, 02:14 PM

Default Scam for Babylock Jazz II

I was on Facebook and a post showed up for a Babylock Jazz II. It said it was an overstock and they had a full warehouse full and needed to move them out. What caught my eye was the 12" throat space. The price was $87.00 and no shipping fee. I filled it out, believing this. I checked my Bank account and the money was taken out. After no word and no machine for 3 weeks I called the # on my Bank Statement and it asks for my Pay Pal account #. I don't have Pay Pal. I can't get through to anyone. Did anyone else see this and fall for it?
Old 03-27-2022, 02:28 PM

Sorry, no.
I use credit cards, so I can dispute if need be.
Always check online using what ever information they give you to see if this is a scam.
type. Type phone number in your url bar,, it will come up scam most l ikely
Ask the bank where they sent your money.
notify them, so no money is removed in the future.
file a scam and theft report with your PD.
I hope you have a resolve to this.
also contact Facebook.
Best wishes
Old 03-27-2022, 02:31 PM

Not me! I found out a long time ago that a deal that is just too good, is almost always a scam. Your bank should be able to help you with retrieving your money.
Old 03-27-2022, 02:41 PM

Just about any ad on FB is a potential scam, sadly. Especially when the price is too good to be true. And FB does not care. They come in waves, the counterfeit US postage stamps, the "Louis Vuitton" going out of business sale. Unless the ad is from a company you have heard of, like Kohl's, be very careful. You can look up the website of the business to see when it was created (google Domain Age Checker). One that was created a few days ago is likely a scam.
Old 03-27-2022, 06:37 PM

This is terrible. Do not buy anything advertised on FB. Call the bank and they wiill dispute the charge. Please let us know what happens.
Old 03-27-2022, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
Not me! I found out a long time ago that a deal that is just too good, is almost always a scam. Your bank should be able to help you with retrieving your money.
I agree. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I never buy from any ads on FB and definitely wouldn't give them access to my bank account.
Old 03-28-2022, 07:03 AM

I admit to falling for scams like this on two occasions The money just gone into cyber space some where. I won't do it again. I hope to have learned my lesson and not do it again.
Old 03-28-2022, 11:12 AM

I am so sorry. Definitely check with your bank if they can recover/do anything and file with the PD.

Don't let this incident sour your thoughts of ever getting a Babylock machine, though. I have one, a Babylock Accomplish, and even though it was over $1000.00 a couple of years ago, the 12 inch throat and high speed straight stitch is soooo, very nice.
Old 03-29-2022, 07:11 AM

My DH keeps falling for these adds. Makes me crazy! The only saving grace on this is we use PayPal to pay for these purchases. If and when you decide it is a scam, contacting PayPal will get your money back. It is much better than trying to work with your bank, although I'm sure they will help as well. This just gives you another option to fight a scam. As I write this, DH is waiting for another purchase that is now 7 weeks into shipping status. Oh well............
Old 03-29-2022, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Debbie Ness View Post
My DH keeps falling for these adds. Makes me crazy! The only saving grace on this is we use PayPal to pay for these purchases. If and when you decide it is a scam, contacting PayPal will get your money back. It is much better than trying to work with your bank, although I'm sure they will help as well. This just gives you another option to fight a scam. As I write this, DH is waiting for another purchase that is now 7 weeks into shipping status. Oh well............
Oh, boy, Debbie. My husband went thru a streak where he wanted to buy motorcycles on eBay. While there was nothing wrong with the bikes, we show cars and you tend to have higher standards for cosmetics than other people. He was always disappointed in the bikes that were listed as 'excellent' condition. I finally just said "Stop buying bikes you haven't seen. You're always disappointed. Just find one in the area". Made me roll my eyes. lol