Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pq1500 >

Pq1500

Pq1500

Old 04-09-2022, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

Default Pq1500

I have two of these machines. I love both of them. One of them makes a clacking noise at high speed straight stitch. The other one doesn't.

They are both very clean. And oiled. There are no threads wrapped around anywhere. I have taken the bobbin cover off and inspected. Nothing seems amiss.

It is threaded correctly. The bobbin is an official
Brother bobbin. I have switched out bobbins in case one was warped. They all work fine in other machine.

I have tried different size and brand and types of needles and various threads in bobbin and On top. I tried different presser feet and fiddled with the pressure knob on top. Tension is fine. It sews beautifully.

I don’t think it is “user error” at this point.

one clue is a different bobbin case helps just a tiny bit, I think.

the Facebook group tried hard to help but a lot of people said their machine makes that noise too.

Any other ideas? I may end up taking it in one day but want to see if it is something I can do.

Old 04-09-2022, 10:50 AM

Is it possible the noise is not actually anything within the machine making the noise but something on the exterior? Can you have someone run the machine for you both slowly and fast while you watch?
Old 04-09-2022, 10:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ElaineCovid View Post
Is it possible the noise is not actually anything within the machine making the noise but something on the exterior? Can you have someone run the machine for you both slowly and fast while you watch?
good point. It does it everyplace I put it. Will do more
checking.
Old 04-09-2022, 11:12 AM

My different brand machine has recently started “clacking” with each stitch due to a loose presser foot lift. I can get the noise to stop by putting a small stuffed pin cushion under the rear handle For me, it only happens when I use my walking foot.