Remember Diaper Pins?

Old 04-22-2022, 12:50 PM

"Reading all these comments. Man, I sure miss having babies! Aren't they just the best?????????"

"I still have some. Don’t know where I got them."

Reading these last 2 comments together made me laugh so hard!! Jshep, one of these days we will tell you how you get babies.
Old 04-22-2022, 02:56 PM

I went to a luncheon sponsored by my woman's club and since we were donating disposable diapers to a local charity a crafty member made favors for the table by folding napkins into a diaper and using a big blue diaper pin. She filled the diapers with chocolate candy. I saved my diaper pin and I wonder where on earth she found enough to make favors for everyone. My baby is 61 years old also and I wish I had saved some of the cute pins I used. I had birds, ducks, flowers, etc. Many happy memories.
Old 04-22-2022, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by PurplePansies View Post
She was being rude and snotty as are you. You are now also blocked.
Someone is having a bad day. This board is about supporting one another and having a sense of humor. Don't take yourself too seriously. Noone else does.
Old 04-24-2022, 12:32 PM

Good grief. I never knew a discussion about diaper pins could lead to "rude and snotty" words.
Old 04-24-2022, 12:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lberna View Post
Good grief. I never knew a discussion about diaper pins could lead to "rude and snotty" words.
really - she blocked me a while back with a very ugly personal message!!
Old 04-25-2022, 04:33 AM

I went to a baby shower abut 8 years ago, a friend of the future grandma. One of the games that I got caught having to play, was can you diaper a bear. The bear was about the size of a 3 month old, and then they said you are blindfolded and its a cloth diaper! I just looked at all the young people around me and thought really? It took me less than a minute and when I stood the bear up the diaper didn't fall off. It was a little difficult getting the pins thru the 4 layers of diaper since I folded it over at the tops to make it small enough. Remember one size fits all! just fold to make it smaller. I think it took the other girl (friend of the mother to be) about 15 minutes and it didn't stay on. If I remember correctly they move on to a different game quickly. I told them I had two in diapers and we were in the military, cloth was cheaper than those fancy disposables. But when the girls had to go to a sitter I had to provide disposables, so I did have to use them sometimes.
Old 04-25-2022, 07:04 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by Fizzle View Post
Reading all these comments. Man, I sure miss having babies! Aren't they just the best?????????
Grandkids are more fun and you get to give them back at the end of the day, and you don't lose sleep,
Old 04-25-2022, 07:14 AM

This was a fun post, I remember when I had my daughter, she was the first and now is 49yrs old, when I changed her diaper, I accidently pinned her to it, I didn't know I had done that till I picked her up off the changing table and she stared to scream, them like a dummy I put rubbing alcohol on it so it wouldn't get infected (nope didn't know what I was doing) laugh about it now but I didn't then, I cried and called my husband and told him I was going to be put in jail for abusing our baby, he just laughed at me. MEN! I still have her diaper pins and the one I pinned to her.
Old 11-11-2023, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by PurplePansies View Post
I was pinning blocks together the other day and, when the pin wouldn't slide right in, I automatically just ran it through my hair. Anyone else remember doing that with diaper pins? (My "baby" is 45!)
Running the business end of the pin through my hair at change-time was something I did back in the day when I used to babysit (teen years), cloth diapers and rubber pants were in vogue back then. Swore by it as a mom, too, especially when fastening bulky double diapers.

Originally Posted by lberna View Post
Oh my gosh. What a walk down memory lane. I still have a couple of them. How about rubber pants. I used to buy Gerber rubber pants because I could get them at my grocery store.
Yuppers, put all my kids through rubber pants. Yes to Gerber! Nothing beat the old Gerber's!

Gerber rubber pants were truly the only rubber pants I found that stood up to being laundered with the diapers, unlike cheaper brands which would rip, tear, and fall apart when subjected to the rigors of my old top-loading agitator washing machine.

Diapers and rubber pants were hung to dry on the clothesline.
Old 11-11-2023, 07:20 AM

Did everyone double and triple diaper in their homes, too?

Was always double diapers when I babysat, so did the same with my own gang... double diapers with rubber pants (daytime), triple diapers with rubber pants (nighttime), and I remember diapering my baby brother the same.