Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2022 >

What are we organizing today 2022

What are we organizing today 2022

Old 04-09-2022, 05:17 AM

RobR - I remember the Big Butterfly, and it is work truly deserving of winning a machine - congratulations!
Old 04-09-2022, 12:37 PM

Thanks, Teen and Panchita!

I still need to get organized for my April 20th class, got sidetracked the last couple of days...

Meanwhile, anyone have any organized studio pics to share??? Would love to have some to look at while I procrastinate errr, I mean.. contemplate the steps I need to take to determine what I can use from my stash...

Rob
Old 04-19-2022, 02:38 PM

Rob…Nothing to offer that you haven’t already seen…however, I bought these small peg boards for mounting near my sewing machine. I did not want to dedicate an entire wall to a huge pegboard when I really don’t collect alot of stuff…but I liked the idea of getting the “everyday” small stuff I use all the time out of drawers and off of surfaces…so, this was my solution. I have 2 this size, which is a 10” square. It works perfectly without taking wall space…

Edit to add: bought the boards and cups from Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BAF8A84D-BC81-48DA-94BA-B61EECCD1FF7.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	639071  
Old 04-19-2022, 02:46 PM

And,…..creative idea for those inclined:

I don’t have a design wall, per se, dedicated to WIP. I am working on a BOM..one I created myself for 2022, and didn’t have a project container large enough to hold the 14” blocks…I didn’t want these taking up space while I worked on other projects….

I had these cute heart clips that were collecting dust and decided to use them…here is my solution.. Tucked away in the corner but eye candy on display.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	D58895F9-E32C-428C-A44E-CFDCDF04D98F.jpeg
Views:	115
Size:	496.4 KB
ID:	639072   Click image for larger version

Name:	0DBD7D7C-FD24-452C-831B-83F8C5FA763F.jpeg
Views:	110
Size:	352.3 KB
ID:	639073   Click image for larger version

Name:	294D4E45-B5F0-4BF7-87D5-6E7151D99220.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	387.9 KB
ID:	639074  

Last edited by Teen; 04-19-2022 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-20-2022, 06:46 AM

What a great idea Teen. How did you attach the heart clips to the fabric strip? My design wall has the Hearts of Hope minus the string pieced borders which are done but not sewn on yet. Love your design wall quilt and the Nancy Halverson blocks!
I spent all of last week cutting all the pieces necessary to make Bonnie Hunter's Rhododendron Trail in preparation for a retreat with Gay Bomers in Shipshewana starting next Tuesday. Can't believe I have to sew them all together now LOL It took me forever to cut them. I packed each part with the directions in large zip lock bags and then stacked them in Sterlite containers that fit in my wire framed tote. Now that the string borders are complete for Hearts of Hope I can finally cut the last 10.5 yellow strips for RT meant for the centers. I was afraid I was going to run out of yellow. Also bringing a jelly roll and a black honey bun to make the Three Dudes quilt that Rob Appell and Jenny Doan made on YouTube. I need a fast, simple project for in between the two Bonnie H quilts. Anyone else like that?
Old 04-20-2022, 09:13 AM

Emiliasnana….I just used a hot glue gun to attach the clips. The strip has a backing….attach ribbon top, then turned right side out once sewn and whipped stitched opening.
Old 04-25-2022, 07:03 AM

I have one of THOSE closets-you know the ones where stuff just keeps getting put in there with the notion I will find a place for it later? Ya well the floor is covered with several piles of stuff-so not like me to do this and for some reason, I have been avoiding this closet but since I now have to step over these piles this is the week to tackle this project.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:47 AM

Do you ever get the urge to start organizing and then 2 hours later you’re just looking around at a mess thinking like…what in the world have I done.
Old 04-25-2022, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi View Post
I have one of THOSE closets-you know the ones where stuff just keeps getting put in there with the notion I will find a place for it later? Ya well the floor is covered with several piles of stuff-so not like me to do this and for some reason, I have been avoiding this closet but since I now have to step over these piles this is the week to tackle this project.
Good luck, Dee. Lol…. Keep your eye on the potential end result.
Old 04-26-2022, 06:57 AM

I'm getting an actual space just for me. Since I have been doing multiple hobbies, I've been sorting through what I want to keep and what I want to no longer do and donating.

Since Quilting is my main interest and love, I am devoting my space to my quilting rooms, so I am putting my 'other' hobbies that I am keeping, into large storage boxes (black with yellow lids), since I will very rarely get into them, but still need them accessible.

I have 2 closets that they will fit into, to keep them out of my quilting area.
I just finished!
I have:
3 boxes of my Knitting/yarn/crochet
2 boxes of regular sewing items/patterns/threads etc.
1 box of my embroidery
1 box of my artificial plant items and my acrylic paints etc.

Now to just get my quilting area/rooms finished (construction is supposed to start in June ) finishing another floor of the house just for my space!

I'm so excited and at the same time it feels so good to be getting organized!