Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm Excited! New Jordan Fabrics Video..... >

I'm Excited! New Jordan Fabrics Video.....

I'm Excited! New Jordan Fabrics Video.....

Old 04-28-2022, 08:06 AM

Default I'm Excited! New Jordan Fabrics Video.....

It's been a long time since I saw a quilt pattern or video and said..."Wow...I have to run out and buy the fabric and make that right now. " Unfortunately, I'm stuck at home recuperating from my surgery, but as soon as I can drive I'll be trying this.
Watson

The new Jordan Fabric's video is just so cool. Easy Bargello from Ombre Fabric

Old 04-28-2022, 08:26 AM

I watched this video also and I want to make it as well. Jordan Fabric's have so many videos out that I watched all and what to make all of the quilts.
Carft
Old 04-28-2022, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

I thought it was a great idea too. I'm going to the quilt shop after lunch to look for the fabric or panel. I have three quilt shops close by so I know I'll find something. I'm excited, a quilt shop visit with a purpose and a new pattern to make.
Old 04-28-2022, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I thought it was a great idea too. I'm going to the quilt shop after lunch to look for the fabric or panel. I have three quilt shops close by so I know I'll find something. I'm excited, a quilt shop visit with a purpose and a new pattern to make.
Just going to the quilt shops excite me and what I spend and come home with also excites me and my bank account.
Old 04-28-2022, 09:15 AM

The quilt is beautiful!.

I saw the whole collection last week at the LQS. There were panels to cut for tote bags so they came home with me. Lots of fun stuff!
Old 04-28-2022, 09:43 AM

I saw that too! It excited me to find my ombre fabric and figure something out. It really looks like a great shortcut for something I was reticent to tackle.
Old 04-28-2022, 10:49 AM

I love Donna Jordan's videos. I have one of her quilts that she made a video on my sewing room wall right now waiting for it's turn.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

I found the Northcott variegated Turtle bay fabric like she used at one shop. $14.99 a yard. Only a few yards left on bolt. I got a yard and a half, enough to make the wall hanging. Owner said she sold one bolt this morning online to a sew group that watched Donna's video. LOL It seems it sold out fast at all the online shops that had it. I couldn't' find any other ombra fabric that had a lot of contrast.
Old 04-28-2022, 05:38 PM

I have an ombre wide backing... I'm wondering if I can adapt the concept somehow.... anyone???
Old 04-28-2022, 09:57 PM

What a coincidence - she did a tutorial for a very similar quilt several years ago, she called it "The easiest bargello pattern in the world" and I *just* bought some fabric for it!