Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 04:49 AM

Happy Mother's Day! Today we are going to church and will just be having a simple quiet day home. I'm planning to watch a family movie this afternoon. My hubby is managing dinner so I don't need to cook, which I am really grateful for!
Old 05-08-2022, 06:39 AM

Happy Mothers Day!

Janice glad Charlie is loving little Chloe

MJ can’t wait to see your finished quilt.

After church I hope to sew today. Finger is healing nicely, I just need to protect it from getting bumped

Hopefully my package will be here tomorrow
Old 05-08-2022, 09:55 AM
Power Poster

Happy Mother's Day everyone! Aren't the blocks a great Mother's Day present? Hope everyone still waiting will get theirs tomorrow. They are worth the wait!

Janice, aren't big sisters wonderful? Our Millie was also 2 when her brother Whitaker was born and she loved him immediately. She wanted to hold him! He's going to have to be tough to survive her. They are now 3 and 1 and Whit is walking. Good times ahead!

I've been putting together a really neat QOV pattern. It's called Hero's Comfort. Should finish the top today. First tho, I have to get out and plant strawberries. Then I can sew!
Old 05-08-2022, 11:23 AM

Janice, it will be so sweet to watch Charlie and Chloe's relationship blossom as they grow.

I can't to see my blocks tomorrow! From when I last checked, they are sitting in Kansas City, ready to be shipped to the small local post office. So excited!
Old 05-09-2022, 07:56 AM

I received my blocks on Saturday and they are all lovely! Thank you everyone for making a block for me.
Happy Belated Mother's Day. Yesterday I went to church and every woman received a red rose and a bookmark. Then, my son and grandson came and gave me some pretty flowers. We went to a nice Mexican restaurant and met up with my son's lady friend and her son. It was a wonderful day!
Old 05-09-2022, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

Thought you might like to see the Quilt of Valor top I've finished. Now to quilt it, and then on to the Boom quilts.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2253.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	611.7 KB
ID:	639299  
Old 05-09-2022, 09:07 AM

My package arrived today and, quilty friends, the blocks made my day! It has been a hard day, with cranky kids and myself fighting depression with the financial strain from the inflation and shortages. But seeing and admiring all your beautiful handiwork made my heart happy. Thank you! I really look forward to putting it all together! Maybe I'll have a coffee with dinner and sew late tonight once everyone is down for the night.
Old 05-09-2022, 12:02 PM

It’s beautiful. Are those candy squares?
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Thought you might like to see the Quilt of Valor top I've finished. Now to quilt it, and then on to the Boom quilts.
Old 05-09-2022, 12:20 PM

NZQ, these are definitely trying times. I’m happy the blocks cheered you. Hearing they did cheered me up bc I’m having a rough day, too. I hope you find some pleasure in your late night stitching!
Old 05-09-2022, 05:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
It’s beautiful. Are those candy squares?
Thanks! They are all 4.5" squares. The finished quilt is 60" x 84". I did use my candy squares to make the star points, "snowballing" the corners of some of the 4.5" squares. It was really fun to get out the 4.5" Accuquilt die and cut up lots of my scrap pieces of red, white and blue. I made a good dent in them!