Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Tapas, Noshing, Snacking, Etc. >

Tapas, Noshing, Snacking, Etc.

Tapas, Noshing, Snacking, Etc.

Old 06-11-2022, 01:12 PM

Default Tapas, Noshing, Snacking, Etc.

Tapas, noshing, snacking,whatever you call it...it's just wonderful! We usually have a grand nosh the day that I grocery shop. We put out all of the goodies that I got at the store that day. Sometimes, there are some leftovers on the plate. We pour a cider/wine/cocktail and turn on an old movie, (today, it's THE PRINCESS BRIDE.) We nosh away on smoked oysters, picked veggies, almond cream cheese, crackers, etc. There is absolutely nothing planned for dinner. It's a sublime afternoon.

What do you do for tapas, snacks, noshing, etc? Got any recipes?
Old 06-11-2022, 05:03 PM

sounds great! When DH was alive, Sunday afternoon was our snack time - fizzy drinks, and popcorn or chips. Watch a sportsball game on TV.
Old 06-12-2022, 10:07 AM
Power Poster

We do that most days! Fruit, cheese, smoked meats, crisp bread, olives, peppers etc are in our fridge and pantry all the time. We graze most of the day more so in the summer. We usually have it all out by noon. No one feels like cooking no big deal. Making tuna /chicken salad is about all the preparing meals we do unless my husbands wants to grill. The grands love it and have started to eat more variety of foods if on a big board. LOL
Old 06-12-2022, 10:36 AM

Oh we definitely have favorites! Anything cheese. Hubby loves any kind of salami or sausage. I love stuffed olives - blue cheese, garlic, jalapenos YUM. Cream cheese with hot pepper jelly dumped on top, served with crackers. YUM. Another favorite is mini sweet peppers (red, orange, yellow) cut in half, then stick a chunk of string cheese in each half. Grill or broil for a couple minutes until cheese is gooey. As you grill, mix some ranch dressing with cilantro and jalapenos. Dunk the warm cheesy peppers into the dip, nom nom nom. YUM. My mouth is watering just typing this, lol.
Old 06-12-2022, 02:09 PM
Power Poster

We devour sliced cucumbers sprinkled with ranch powder. We eat one long English cucumber a day. I slice one every morning. Some cream cheese on a crisp bread with a few cucumbers and cherry tomatoes is usually my breakfast. I keep a bowl of boiled eggs in the fridge to add to the variety. Today my husband decided to grill chicken breast and asparagus. The grands and I about ate all the asparagus raw before he had time to grill it. LOL. Dessert will be grilled peaches. We love our food. Honestly since we started eating this way a big heavy meal is too much for us now. We'll save those for holiday meals.
Old 06-12-2022, 04:45 PM

I like to add a bowl of freshly washed grapes. They always disappear, no matter how big the bunch is.
Old 06-12-2022, 06:18 PM

We take spells. Right now it's Cheetos (crunchy ones). Seems like we snack most in the evening after supper. It used to be popcorn every night while watching t.v. but we don't watch t.v. anymore. Anything with carbs is just fine for me!
Old 06-13-2022, 03:33 AM

Peckish, those peppers sound delish!
Old 06-13-2022, 10:49 AM

My absolute favorite snack at the moment is:
  • 1 Club cracker
  • put a teaspoon of mashed avocado (or guacamole)
  • then add a peeled, boiled shrimp
  • then...a little cocktail sauce, or not
  • finally, one drop of Cholula Sauce (better than Tabasco)
Old 06-14-2022, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

We bought some pickled cherry peppers stuffed with goat cheese at an Italian deli and they were fab!!! Very easy to make at home. I gain weight just going in that place