Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
The slow crawl to finish the LBB >

The slow crawl to finish the LBB

The slow crawl to finish the LBB

Old 07-04-2022, 11:46 AM

Well, it's been several months since I've posted anything about my Little Brown Bird quilt. I didn't work on it at all over the winter because I really didn't have a place to set up my quilting frame at the winter house. Now that I'm back to the summer place, I've set it up in the dining room and am working on it every day.

Just like everything else on this quilt, it's slow going. First I have to decide the design to quilt a section and then the stitching begins. I think I have everything design wise figured out now. I'm just plugging along working toward the finish. I do hope I can it get close to done by the time we head back south in the fall.

Here's a couple of pictures of the beginning border corner and the feathers section I designed to repeat throughout the quilt. Hope you like what I've decided to do. I'm always open to suggestions.

lbb quilting 3 by jean dalton, on Flickr

lbb quilting 6 by jean dalton, on Flickr
Old 07-04-2022, 01:57 PM

I am in awe!
Old 07-04-2022, 04:53 PM
Power Poster

My only suggestion is to hurry up, because I can't wait to see the whole thing! It's already a masterpiece.
Old 07-04-2022, 04:58 PM

It is going to be a masterpiece for sure when done, as it is already a jaw dropper! It is an interesting concept when members mention their summer place or their winter place…I wonder,,is it a complete home here,,,and there?
Old 07-04-2022, 05:31 PM

I wish I could do this faster but I'm just not that fast. The quilting had to be very dense because the applique is so dense. It wouldn't look right if I didn't quilt the heck out of it. So, I'm trying.... working as fast as my sore fingers will allow.

Thimblebug, our winter and summer houses are houses. But during the winter we stay with our disabled son in the house we helped him build. In the summer he comes to our house a lot of the time. Problem is they are 10 hours apart.
Old 07-04-2022, 07:39 PM

This is just stunning! You've done a fantastic job, so meticulous and lovely. You need to do what you have to do to finish this to the incredibly high standard you have achieved. Thanks for letting us see such gorgeous work.

Leslie
Old 07-05-2022, 04:49 AM

Your quilting is fabulous.
Old 07-05-2022, 06:02 AM

Good morning to you Nanna, I just recently stubble on the Little Brown Bird masterpiece and this is a fabulous piece of work. Please continue at a pace that is pleasingly computable to you. Beautiful work and thank you for sharing

cherrybsixty