Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Blackberry disaster >

Blackberry disaster

Blackberry disaster

Old 07-06-2022, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
Did you get the stain off? When I was a kid, my brother and I were fighting while drinking grape juice. I got pushed, the grape juice hit the ceiling in the living room. We had a purple stain for quite a while until my dad was able to get enough paint on it! Another time, my mom got a "grape juice" recipe from a neighbor. Mom made it and put it in sealed jars down in the basement. A bit later, small explosions were heard coming from the basement. Yep, it had fermented, and wine was being made. Oops!
I am extremely lucky it came off. Luckily I had painted the ceiling myself before I moved in a year ago. I had used a high quality paint and not the standard ceiling flat paint in both the kitchen and the bathrooms. A bit of Clorox bleach spray and it is gone.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:53 PM

All of these stories are hilarious and a bit reassuring. I am very relieved that I used the paint I did on my ceiling and that it wasn’t dead deer parts on a popcorn ceiling. That sounds like a horror show. I’m an ER nurse so I’m used to blood, but that would have made me leave home. I would have handed my husband a bottle of bleach, a bunch of rags and informed him I would return when my kitchen did not look like a crime scene. Had the guy ever run a circular saw before? It does the same thing with sawdust.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:59 PM

Also the saga of the kitchen aid attachment continues. I scheduled it as a UPS pickup return. The UPS guy took the wrong package. Instead of picking up the package that had the kitchen aid attachment in it he picked up the package that USPS had just delivered, slapped an Amazon return label on it and sent my fabric.com order to Amazon. Four hours of phone calls later I may get my fabric back in 4-6 weeks and the UPS guy will pick up the correct (hopefully) package Friday.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by ElaineCovid View Post
Sorry for the mess, but honestly? You should be a writer!!! This is hilarious to read!
Thank you! Glad I could entertain you.
Old 07-07-2022, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Raven View Post
Also the saga of the kitchen aid attachment continues. I scheduled it as a UPS pickup return. The UPS guy took the wrong package. Instead of picking up the package that had the kitchen aid attachment in it he picked up the package that USPS had just delivered, slapped an Amazon return label on it and sent my fabric.com order to Amazon. Four hours of phone calls later I may get my fabric back in 4-6 weeks and the UPS guy will pick up the correct (hopefully) package Friday.
OMG!!! What a moron!! If you see 2 packages sitting there, wouldn't you wonder which one you were to pick up??? Do you need help moving his body?? Should we send you wine?? I would be VERY concerned about ever seeing my fabric again, those Amazon returns end up in bizarre places. Most of them go to 3rd party resellers. Hopefully UPS can snag that package while it's still in their system and route it back to you!
Old 07-07-2022, 11:52 AM

I discovered a “blueberry disaster” just this morning. A few hours after DH was in the kitchen making a fruit smoothie, I noticed a “run” of dried blueberry juice down the white wall by the refrigerator. A blind man could’ve seen it. After attempts with other thing, I got it off with magic eraser. You’ve heard the saying “a woman saves a man a lot of extra work, but a man makes a lot of extra work for a woman”.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:36 PM

Glad to hear you were able to eliminate any blackberry stains. At least your disaster would smell good. I've had enough similar stories to make one wonder if I'm a slow learner, clumsy, or what but the worst was picking up a gallon of paint and giving it a good shake thinking the lid was fastened. Nope. Baby blue latex wall paint all over my sewing machine cabinet, carpet, me, and everything else within reach of a good shake. For future reference yes, latex paint does wash out/off of things. I hope you really enjoy every spoonful of that jelly.
Old 07-16-2022, 05:29 AM

Bearisgray - that brings back memories. I was making raspberry jelly with my toddler beside me on a chair helping. We'd hung the jelly bag full of crushed raspberries and were gently squeezing it ... when the jelly bag ripped. DH heard me screech and looked into the kitchen. All he could see was "blood" everywhere - all over our toddler son and me and my pregnant belly.
We split the cleanup. I took sonny boy into the bathroom and cleaned us up and daddy cleaned up the kitchen.
Now I just use a sieve to take out the seeds and make seedless raspberry jam.....
Old 08-11-2022, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pat M. View Post
I once boiled eggs and forgot about them, they exploded and ended up on my ceiling. Boy what a mess.
I remember this happening to my mom when we were little kids. She put eggs on to boil & then the family all went to the movies & she forgot about them. When we came home the house smelled terrible & the ceiling looked worse!

So sorry about your blackberry explosion. I would hate having to clean all that mess up & would be furious about the faulty equipment.
Old 08-15-2022, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
I remember this happening to my mom when we were little kids. She put eggs on to boil & then the family all went to the movies & she forgot about them. When we came home the house smelled terrible & the ceiling looked worse!

So sorry about your blackberry explosion. I would hate having to clean all that mess up & would be furious about the faulty equipment.
I was not a happy camper. The mess was memorable, the jam is delicious though.