Pony Club Thread 3

Old 07-05-2022, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

Hi Everyone! Hope all your Independence Day celebrations were good. We had a big church picnic on Sunday, so yesterday was pretty low-key for hubby and I. I got to sew!

My big news is that grandbaby #4 is on the way... due in January of 2023. We don't know the gender yet. I can't wait to see this baby!

Old 07-05-2022, 06:00 PM

Grandbabies are the best but great nieces & nephews are a close second! I got to hold my newest DGNiece yesterday.

Old 07-06-2022, 03:10 AM
Power Poster

Awesome Bev! Congrats to you and your family. Babies are wonderful.
Old 07-06-2022, 10:36 AM

Yep, babies are the greatest! I have a new great-grandson born a month ago! That makes 3 great-granddaughters and 1 great-grandson. Wish I could see them more!

Congrats to all you Grandmas!
Old 07-06-2022, 02:10 PM

It's so cool to hear about all these babies.
Old 07-12-2022, 06:13 PM

I have covid again. One of our neighbors came outta quarintine too soon. He claimed that he didn't have covid anymore but evidently he did. DH & I got it from him. My DH is already well but not me. He was sick first. As an asthmatic It will take me longer like it did last time. It looks like no one we came in contact with after we were exposed haven't got it.
Old 07-12-2022, 07:00 PM
Power Poster

That's so sad, Bev. Vitamins C, D3 and zinc daily have kept hubby and I well all through the pandemic. And we refused the shots. Now the people who took them are getting covid over and over. The shots destroy your natural immunity to it. But it's not too late to improve your health by taking C and D3 twice a day, and a zinc tablet once a day. I hope you feel better soon!
Old 07-12-2022, 07:16 PM

Oh Bev, so sorry to hear about your Covid. The new strain seems to be really prolific! So far both hubby and I have been clear! We both had the 2 injections plus 1 booster, and like SBG - we have taken the vitamins she listed. I had always taken vitamins, and my Dr. recommended D3. We noticed that the doctors listed zinc in their recommendations for when people got Covid, so Joe and I started taking it daily too. I really do not think that the injections and boosters worked at all, or people that have been vaccinated would not be getting Covid - that is what vaccinations are for isn't it?

I thought I was done with my Farmer's Wife Homestead Medallion Quilt! I had two blocks that just stumped me, so I just picked 2 8" blocks from The Quilter's Cache and finished those yesterday. When I started putting them on the display wall, I found that there were 6 more that I had not completed! Got started with them today. I really wanted to do this quilt with everyone, like we did with the other Farmer's Wife's quilts. Without all the encouragement, it has taken me all these years to finally see the finish. I decided to not do the last round, as I cannot wait to be done with this quilt!!!

Old 07-13-2022, 06:55 AM
Power Poster

Can't wait to see your FW Medallion quilt, Jeanie! Please post pictures when you are done.

I have made my Pony Club blocks but they are still in a stack, waiting to be assembled. It's one of my UFOs...

Every time I look at my FW1930's quilt I am just amazed that I made it. Those really are a work of art. I can't fathom how I did all that paper piecing! When Givio passed away she had all her 1930's blocks, plus a few from other books, and she wanted them put together into a quilt for her son. I was blessed to do that for her and it came out beautiful. Her setting was so creative. I may have posted the pic here before, but here it is in case you missed it. This is Givios:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1957.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	403.4 KB
ID:	639914  
Old 07-13-2022, 07:14 AM
Power Poster

And here's mine again:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0371.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	506.1 KB