Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 07-05-2022, 06:57 PM

Yes I really love it Jenn. Dresden are my favorite.

I finished one of my ufo's today, the picnic quilt. Denim squares and flannel squares.
Old 07-06-2022, 12:08 PM

WMUTeach such a great goal. I’m sending cheers your way. Don’t forget pics. We love pics.
Old 07-06-2022, 04:12 PM

I haven't forgotten pictures. #2 is a larger version of #1. Just did not want to bore any one with repetitive photos. #2 finished at 46 X 54 and used 621 pink and white 2.5's I stopped when the pinks were all gone. Not to fear, I have more now. Tee-Hee-Hee.

Working on UFO #3 but it does not have even one 2.5 How can that be? It was made from a pile of blocks given to me and I am just getting it ready for Project Linus. Should be done in a day or two.

Congrats Loveofquilts. A finish is a finish! That leaves more time for your next endeavor. Yeah!! for you.
Old 07-07-2022, 05:39 AM

You all get a standing ovation from me! Beautiful quilt finishes and it is great that you are knocking those UFOs off your list! It is amazing what can get done when you hit that tipping point. Keep going! Keep inspiring me! NZ -- keep canning, too.

Loveofquilts, please post a picture. I love the denim quilt options. I have been begging relatives not to throw out their old, 100% cotton jeans so I can accumulate a bunch of denim for that quilt I will make one day.... In the meantime, I am accumulating pictures for my quilt bucket list.
Old 07-13-2022, 04:46 AM

Hi all. As I was wandering about the internet this morning, I saw this quilt and its pattern and thought it might interest you 2.5ers. It uses "a ton" of 2.5s but is not dominated by four, sixteen or twenty-five patches. Refreshing option in my book. I have not used this designers patterns before but they do send off a fresh clean and simple vibe. Take a look. https://www.abrightcornershop.com/pr...rn-pdf-version If you go to the designers website there is a photo of the quilt in a different color way that I prefer. (Red and medium Blue on White.) https://www.abrightcorner.com/

I am still on my journey to finish UFOs. Four done and #5 is partially quilted. I ran out of thread, so I need to dash to JoAnn's to get another spool. I never quilt with colored thread until this one, so I had no backup or orange/red.

I hope you are enjoying the beauty of summer days and all of the festivals and family events that fill our summer calendars.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 07-13-2022 at 04:50 AM.
Old 07-13-2022, 07:32 AM
Power Poster

I like that Star Trails quilt, WMU... I agree, it's quite a different way to use our 2.5s.
Old 07-14-2022, 05:48 PM

Star trails appeals to me but the second one needs a better color than white as the background. Lovely ideas to play with! Thanks for the links!
Old 07-15-2022, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Star trails appeals to me but the second one needs a better color than white as the background. Lovely ideas to play with! Thanks for the links!
Ah, creativity at work! I like white or cream backgrounds but I can imagine the Star Trails with other backgrounds too.
Old 07-15-2022, 03:35 PM

Hello! We just spent three weeks on the PA/MD border south of York. Our 8yo GD Sarah, was with us most of time and I gave her time on the sewing machine. She has ADHD so it was spread out. I got minimal sewing time myself and didn't venture to any stores. All good as I have no room.
we had a high tea for my GD and daughter which was do much fun. GD was playing the part and had us hysterical.
sarah will be playing the part of my secretary as my birthday mail will be going there. I told her that on my bday she will be able to open and keep what is inside one card! She is really excited.
I even got one full mommy/daughter day!

We are now on our way to way for two weeks with teenagers and then to ME for August.
will let you know when cards arrive, when I notified by Sarah!

Old 07-15-2022, 04:06 PM

You really are a traveling grandma! What fun to spend time with the kiddos now. You are so organized and have a plan. Your secretary will do a good job again, I am sure.