New Home

Old 07-16-2022, 08:52 AM

Default New Home

A friend was cleaning out machines she wasn't going to get to, and this New Home received a new home. The coating on all the motor and light wiring was burnt to a crisp, the foot control was burned black inside, and the wire right at the proprietary plug was broken. I re-wired the light and re-coated the motor wire with heat shrink tubing, although I do have a spare motor with clean wiring that I think I will use. Otherwise the motor and light are direct wired to the wall plug and foot control with the connections hiding inside the base.

In the past, I have been very happy with the stitch quality on machines using the New Home rotary system, this one not so much. The several others I've had have been all steel, this one has an aluminum or alloy (non magnetic) body with steel insides, it's a little looser than the others and noisier. It uses a kind of hard to find needle (the same friend gave me a few Boye 2 1/2 aka CC1221 needles) and a harder to find bobbin, although I do have a few from another machine using the same mechanism.

I think of this as another poor man's Featherweight attempt.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20220716_113912.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	464.6 KB
ID:	639941  
Old 07-16-2022, 04:49 PM

Pretty little machine. Glad you can give it some love.