Another Phishy scam

Old 07-27-2022, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by eparys View Post
I got one recently about my Amazon Prime account .... But Wait!! I don't have a prime account (lol) - so that was easy. Another one is a scam about PayPal - gotten several of those recently.

Chasing Hawk - It is such an inconvenience when your card is compromised glad this one was a hoax and you checked. On my two credit cards - I have an alert set for any time a transaction is made without the card being present. It sends me a email with vendor and amount - very convenient as I can take care of a problem quickly.

quiltsfor - I will have to remember that one!! Love it. I had one of those experiences but I asked the guy if his mother knew he lied for a living - oddly enough he hung up!!
We get the ones who say they are from the court and that we have a lawsuit against us. "To clear it up and negotiate. send us $ x amount of money via pre paid Visa cards"....lol

Or from the Sheriff's office saying they have a warrant out for us, last time I heard the Sherriff doesn't call to warn anyone.

My favorite is the one about a Visa CC. I don't have one, (Visa debit card is what I have). When I tell them I don't have a credit card, they call me a liar,...lol
Old 07-28-2022, 04:06 AM

I had a similar call. I told them he iS a criminal and needs to be in jail. He said he knows where I live. I said, bring it on, I have a gun license and I need some practice. Of ourse, it would be hard for him to swim the ocean.
Old 07-28-2022, 08:50 AM

Last time I got the call saying there was a warrant for my arrest I told them to come get me. Never got that call again.

My friend told the auto warranty people sure she was interested (not really, but sick of the calls), but when she told them her car was a 1998 whatever with 350,000 miles they hung up on her.

I've gotten many e-mails & calls saying I placed a large purchase from Amazon. Also be aware they also send you an e-mail saying someone tried to log into your your Amazon, Paypal, e-bay, etc., account & it is no locked & requires a new password & to click here". Do NOT click. It's a scam.

Several years ago my CC got compromised. Someone placed an order at Victoria's Secret for $3000 for undies, made a $25.00 donation to some charity & tried to buy a $600 TV. I called my CC company, closed account, opened a new one. I no sooner got my new card & once again compromised. This time it was auto parts & a $1.00 charge for fuel. I called them & asked their location & where the charges were placed. Hummm same city. I said this sounds like an internal problem. I told them this happened a few weeks ago & it better not happen again. So yeah sadly there will be an employee that assumes they can do this & get away with it.

I had fraud protection placed on my cards. If you get a call saying fraud was done on your account hang up & call back.

Got a call a few days ago. Husband answered, as I was sleeping. They said I was to call some number, because my card was used at Walmart for a $400 purchase. I never used my CC at Walmart. He fussed I should call Walmart. I have a hard time trying to get him to understand that these calls are nothing but scams & to just hang up, don't say anything.