Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Show me your sewing chair >

Show me your sewing chair

Show me your sewing chair

Old 07-28-2022, 12:58 PM

I use a med height bar stool for working at my sit down quilting machine and it works so much better than a chair.
Old 07-28-2022, 01:03 PM

I use my chair that I had at my first job in 1963. It is on wheels and padded. They don't make them like that anymore. Would show a pix but that option doesn't work for me. You will certainly enjoy your new sewing space.
Old 07-28-2022, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by berrynice View Post
......for those of you who have comfortable chairs, could you post pictures or give a website to a picture of it at a store? Advice would be greatly appreciated.
Invacare TDX SP2 Power Wheelchair with Captains Seat and LiNX Technolo – HelpMedicalSupplies

Tried to post the pic but I must have an UNproblem--it would not let me post it so you'all get the web site. See the pic of Almost my old girl. I actually had the Pronto which they no longer make or repair. Sure do miss her. Almost nothing could stop her Until.....Some stupid guy (and I say it with a bit of anger still in me) kept knocking his walker into the back of the chair and ruined the computer part of the drive thingy. (sorry don't know the name I drove her not fixed her). Totally destroyed her. Had run 14 years. I have a new one but it's just not the same. Actually I've had 3 new ones and I must say the one I have now is becoming good at getting me where I want/need to be. He's getting there. I almost Never take that stupid transit van anymore.

Note: It does Not have the control stick and No batteries ever again. She ran for 14 years. Invacare does not make my Pronto anymore and therefore has no replacement parts.
Old 07-29-2022, 04:04 AM

A couple of years ago I asked for an "armless" office chair for Christmas. Got one from Office Max/ Office Depot from my ever attentive son. It is an ergonomic chair that can be adjusted for height, on wheels, and the arms flip up out of the way. Love it and when my back whines at me, this is my go to chair. Good for hours of sewing every day
Old 07-29-2022, 10:47 AM

I use my old wooden dining room chairs and have a chair pad on the seat. I like that it doesn't move unless I move it and the back is comfortable as well. I saved a couple of them for in my quilting room.
Old 07-29-2022, 11:13 AM

I use one that came with the table & sewing machine (Kenmore 158.88) when I bought it at a rummage sale. It is a midcentury modern wooden chair with a storage compartment under the seat.

I find it very comfortable and like that it lacks arms. I think I paid about US $85 for all of it (including all attachments & the original instruction book) approx 15-20 years ago.

I peeked at ebay & just the chair is between $79 & $150. Yikes! However, I think they are easily found at yard/garage/rummage sales for much less.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sewing chair with storage.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	640032  
Old 08-05-2022, 07:24 AM

Bought a $10.00 office chair on FB Market place. It was from a public library so I knew it would be a commercial brand…it is. I removed the back to make it a stool to push it under my sewing desk to save space. I love it!
Old 08-05-2022, 10:20 AM
Power Poster

I also have the reliable chair. It works great for me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020324.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	640100  
Old 08-06-2022, 11:15 AM

I actually have a drafting chair on wheels. This is like a desk chair but goes higher. When I am quilting or embroidering my machine sits higher and I needed one that would extend higher. I am of average height but when it is set higher, I am not actually sitting down, but up. I kind of grab the arms of the chair and hop up in it, then we sometimes roll across the floor. I laugh every time I go for a ride!! It has a circle around the lower part that you can rest your feet on, but my Koala has a foot rest on the bottom. Just know this chair can be an adventure. It is definitely not for everyone.