Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Beetlejuice quilt ideas please! >

Beetlejuice quilt ideas please!

Beetlejuice quilt ideas please!

Old 07-28-2022, 03:46 PM

Default Beetlejuice quilt ideas please!

My (adult) son has requested a Beetlejuice themed quilt. Not necessarily with fabrics of the character Beetlejuice. He wants a fun type quilt with the themed colors from Beetlejuice. Black and whtie stripes, lime green, purple.. one that screams Beetlejuice! etc. Any creative ideas out there? He is an artist and photographer. Yes. I have gone on pinterest, google images, etc. I have a few thoughts. Thanks in advance
Mary Ann
Old 07-28-2022, 05:04 PM
Power Poster

If you can find green astroturf fabric like in the model graveyard, you might do something with that. There should be some black/white/grey skeletons and gravestone fabrics out soon for Halloween. Good luck!
Old 07-28-2022, 06:31 PM
Power Poster

Since he's an artist, ask him to provide some art work, send it to Spoonflower to be turned into fabric, and use that as the focal point.
Old 07-28-2022, 07:54 PM

Spoonflower is a great idea for an artist to create exactly what they envision. Then the custom fabrics can be married to a great pattern and quilted by you. What a nice collaboration project! 😻
Old 07-29-2022, 03:27 AM

I was looking at new arrivals on Fabric.com, and this page reminded me of this post. Check it out. https://www.fabric.com/collection/ka...lloween-spirit
Old 07-29-2022, 05:52 AM

It might be fun to make some squares with Beetlejuice written on them. They could be used on the back to make the quilt reversible. I love the Halloween fabric. It so matches the theme. I'm thinking he probably doesn't want a Halloween based quilt since that is so season specific.
Many calmer results for Black, White & lime green quilts were found here: And many are quite pretty.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...mageHoverTitle

I really likedthis one. It's modern and looks like a guy would like it. I don't know the name of the pattern.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 07-29-2022 at 05:57 AM.
Old 07-29-2022, 06:14 AM

Another quilt that would be fun in Halloween colors is Gypsy Wife by Jen Kingwell. If you are making a bed quilt, you could make this to the size of your bed top, then do the drop as stripes all around. Another person did birds appliqued or embroidered in many of the larger squares in this popular quilt. Disclaimer....I haven't made this quilt yet, but will one day. First I have to buy the pattern. "lol"
Old 07-29-2022, 12:11 PM

Would this work for you. It calls for paper piecing, but could easily be changed to regular piecing techniques. It also allows you to use great colors. https://www.quilterscache.com/D/DoubleLinkBlock.html
Old 07-29-2022, 05:28 PM

What may help you decide is, put your feet up, grab a note pad, and watch the movie, Beetlejuice. Jot down any ideas or scenes that peak your interest. Matter of fact, after reading down these posts, I may just take my own advice, to watch the movie again! I've had an earworm of the song in the movie buzzing in my head all day! Thank you very much!
Old 07-29-2022, 06:50 PM

This came to mind. I think it would have to be modified, but maybe a starting point?

https://pin.it/7bDhcNW