Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend 8/5-8/7/22 >

Virtual quilting weekend 8/5-8/7/22

Virtual quilting weekend 8/5-8/7/22

Old 08-04-2022, 03:07 PM

Default Virtual quilting weekend 8/5-8/7/22

Welcome to VQW. I have so many choices to work on this weekend. I may just close my eyes and point to something! So what will you work on this weekend?

next VQW is September 2-5.

Any questions, just ask
Old 08-04-2022, 03:27 PM

I am ready to start a new project. I will duplicate a quilt my grandmother made. The block dots are disintegrating on the original. I have no idea what the block is called. Will post a picture when I get one put together
maybe I should take a little time to clean house first 😩
Old 08-04-2022, 03:31 PM
Power Poster

I have a quilt on the longarm that I've been avoiding, but my goal is to finish it up this weekend and hopefully load the next quilt top. Maybe participating in my first VQW will give me the extra push I need.
Old 08-04-2022, 03:43 PM

I’m in! Thanks for hosting again Heather. I am hoping to get my current project finished up, I have 2.5 panels left to construct and then sew them together. I have all my chores done and ready to get this project finished up and on to the next one. Looking forward to seeing everyones projects!
Old 08-04-2022, 05:39 PM

I can join this weekend! Especially since I can't go out anywhere DH was sick on Tuesday and tested positive for Covid. I tested positive yesterday. Fortunately I've had both boosters. DH is a little under the weather but I'm fine. So lots of sewing tomorrow. Thanks Heather
Old 08-04-2022, 06:54 PM

I’m in. My goals this weekend: 1= quilt my Bauble bead top. 2= Put a Halloween ufo top together. 3 = cut out a top for my niece and start sewing. That should keep me busy for a while.
Old 08-05-2022, 03:18 AM

I am in again.
1. finish binding on quilt #1
2. finish quilting and add biniding on quilt #2.
3. add sashing to the Piecing the Past quilt and add setting triangles.

See you in the photos later in the thread with finishes.............Fingers crossed.
Old 08-05-2022, 03:40 AM

Wahoo..... I am in, at least for apart of the time. I am out of state at an educational conference for my work. But... Have sewing machine, will travel. I brought stuff to work on, jelly roll rugs, easy to organize and bring along. I have been up sewing this morning, and will again tonight. Happy sewing everyone today while I'm sitting in lectures, I'll be thinking of you all. I will check back in later.
img_20220805_073151387.jpg
Old 08-05-2022, 04:18 AM

I started my "sew in" yesterday. I have a friend that is trying to make a quilt for her 50th high school reunion. This lady has so much on her plate and I feel so bad for her. She brought her sewing machine to my house because there was no place to sew after 4 family members moved in with her! So yesterday I started making Hunter's star blocks for her. I've got 24 made and she needs 48, at least.
Old 08-05-2022, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
Welcome to VQW. I have so many choices to work on this weekend. I may just close my eyes and point to something! So what will you work on this weekend?

next VQW is September 2-5.

Any questions, just ask
Hi everyone, I've been absent from the group for so long but I'm interested in the VQW, I've never been involved in one with this group. Can you fill me in, is this just within the group or is there another place or an online site that you all meet and chat?
I hope that I can join in and get some quilting done this weekend, I haven't had much time for quilting for quite awhile so I do need some motivation to get stuff done.
Have a great day!