Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend 8/5-8/7/22 >

Virtual quilting weekend 8/5-8/7/22

Virtual quilting weekend 8/5-8/7/22

Old 08-07-2022, 12:25 AM

So, for whatever reason, my phone doesn't like to upload a pic of the actual cross-stitch, I will try again later. The piece measures around 22 X 18 inches, 259W X 207H. When I saw it, I had to do it but didn't take into account just how big the cloth was going to be, there's a printed legend on it, so it's probably closer to 24 X 20 inches or even higher. I don't use a frame to hoop because I do the sewing method, plus some cross country. I'm not as fast as I used to be, but I'm hoping for mid-winter to be done with it, if I work on it a little bit every day.

The blocks are my sister's quilt and I'm about half way done. Some of the flower blocks I'll have to resew some coping strips, but I am loving how it looks and the progress now that I know what I did wrong last year. It'll have a four inch border around it when I'm done, though depending on fabric, I might stretch it to five.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220807_030628.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	640135   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220807_025122.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	640136  
Old 08-07-2022, 04:59 AM

I am slowly appliqueing on a 60" x 60" wall hanging. I enjoy appliqueing but some of these pieces are the size of a nickel - yikes. Trying to get them sewn on and still looking real round is a challenge.
Old 08-07-2022, 05:02 AM

cjsews, I love your grandma's quilt block. I love the polka dots! faykilgore, your embroidered quilt blocks are beautiful. That's a lot of work! Stacy, sorry you're feeling so crummy. The blocks you've made for your sister's quilt are so pretty.
I've been working on my friend's Hunter's Star quilt. Hope to have a picture later today.
Old 08-07-2022, 05:28 AM

Thank you ladies for the well wishes! I am feeling better this morning, I actually woke up with energy. After the church service, I have some EPP on a mariners compass to work on. It’s a ufo and I would love to have it finished by Labor Day. Will check back in later 😀
Old 08-07-2022, 05:50 AM

I’ve been working on the Moda Blockhead 4 blocks. The sew along is not over yet, but I’m starting to put blocks together into a top. As others over there are saying I too am kind of over it!
Old 08-07-2022, 06:47 AM

I was able to get all the cutting done for those Christmas stockings. It's a guild project for our local women's shelter. We make these big quilt as you go stockings, then a local sorority group fills them for the families.
Today it's another hot day, so I think I will spend it sewing some blocks for my Dear Jane.
Old 08-07-2022, 09:07 AM

Finished my quilt last night. All w/d and ready to donate on Fridayl. Waiting for the glue to dry on the baby quilt so I can quilt it. Beause it's small, I know I'll have it done by Friday, too.
Old 08-07-2022, 11:04 AM

I was able to work on the GFG last night, also did a few rows on a pair of socks that are a UFO- 2 or 3 years now? This morning it seemed weird sewing and listing to the sermon at church, I did stop for communion though, I love multitasking. I did get the units from yesterday into the blocks and only messed up two. Note to self don't keep sewing with a broken needle!!! I knew I hit a pin, but didn't see that the needle broke. I only had 1/2 inch to go then I change it. Well live and learn, I have extra fabric to replace the two sub units. I have been making good progress this morning, and we just took what was called a "Field trip" when we had our company. DH and I stopped what we were doing and went outside, decided on a walk to the lake. Nice break, had some salad after the walk and now back to cutting and sewing.

Railroadersbrat- love the quilt and that is an complex cross stitch.
Doggramma- Pictures?? Would love to see what you have done.
Julienm1- Love to glue baste, makes things so much easier, and I always wash my quilts before I gift them anyways.

Enjoy the afternoon sewing everyone, happy stitching.
Old 08-07-2022, 11:54 AM

Goal for today was the two borders on this baby quilt. DONE! Now need to piece the back.
First photo is of the top with the "doors" open to reveal the novelty print inside. Name of the pattern is Surprise. If you can blow up the outer border it is tiny cat faces.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6164.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	560.0 KB
ID:	640144   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6173.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	486.3 KB
ID:	640145  
Old 08-07-2022, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by cjsews View Post
I finally started my blocks. It is larger than I wanted. Luckily I haven’t cut all my fabrics. The pink one is the original my grandma made.
Do you know the name of this block? It's pretty and if you omitted the sashing on your grandmamma's the corners look like they would maybe make circles. I like your grandmamma's though. Your golds are pretty in your block.