Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Cross Stitch Project Bags >

Cross Stitch Project Bags

Cross Stitch Project Bags

Old 08-10-2022, 08:17 AM

Default Cross Stitch Project Bags

Sometimes when I feel like making something that isn’t a quilt, I like making these project bags to keep my cross stitch projects in. They are pretty simple to make and are very useful. Over the years I have managed to grab clear vinyl remnants at Joanns or Hobby Lobby. They are cheap and easy to store. The last one I made was the first time I made a non-vinyl version. Instead I took scraps and made a block from Lori Holt’s Vintage Farmgirl book and used that as the front instead.

Thanks for looking😀

Old 08-10-2022, 08:21 AM

Love, love your project bags. I used vinyl left from a previous project. Great idea to use a special block for the front too.
How cute.
Old 08-10-2022, 10:46 AM

I like your project bags but I love your strawberry bag! Pat Sloan showed it on her site but of course couldn’t give measurements. It shouldn’t be too hard to figure the block. Very nice and useful, as well.
Old 08-10-2022, 10:48 AM

You just cant have enough of these project bags, can you? Yours surely are lovely - both with and without the vinyl. Your Lori Holt strawberry is adorable. I recently made a few and before you know it they were filled up and I realized I could make another half dozen or so!
Old 08-10-2022, 01:17 PM

Great idea - love the strawberry one!
Old 08-13-2022, 04:46 AM

I can't seem to keep zippered pouches. I keep giving them away to people. They aren't time consuming and bring such joy to the recipient!
Old 08-13-2022, 05:17 AM

Great idea and love the bags you have made.
Old 08-14-2022, 04:25 AM

Can you make one with a gusset on the bottom so that it stands? I'd take a gallon or two gallon ziploc bag with a gusset to use as a pattern...maybe make it a little larger. It would also allow more room inside the pouch. I just like larger bags myself for my cross stitch.
Old 08-15-2022, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
You just cant have enough of these project bags, can you? Yours surely are lovely - both with and without the vinyl. Your Lori Holt strawberry is adorable. I recently made a few and before you know it they were filled up and I realized I could make another half dozen or so!
I seem to get another bag or two every few months. I get a pattern I want to kit up and boom, I have to make another bag.

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
Can you make one with a gusset on the bottom so that it stands? I'd take a gallon or two gallon ziploc bag with a gusset to use as a pattern...maybe make it a little larger. It would also allow more room inside the pouch. I just like larger bags myself for my cross stitch.
I bet you could do that easily. I make shopping bags out of feed bags. I always box the corners so they are easier to fill. I think it would be nice to somehow make them to fit in a 3 ring binder too. I keep my patterns in sleeve protectors in a binder. It would be nice to tuck the bags in there too.