Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quality and price of fabrics >

Quality and price of fabrics

Quality and price of fabrics

Old 09-17-2022, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by SueZQ from MN View Post
Our super Walmart isn't very super any more! They have almost no fabric, yarn or craft items, and what they do have is so ugly and very expensive. They used to have such nice fabric and yarn selections, but no longer. Too bad as they were the only source of crafts and yarn in our small town. There is a LQS but they have very limited fabric lines, odd hours and are really pricey. As much as I want to patronize my local businesses, they are making it harder to do so all the time.
my Walmart for years had a decent fabric and yarn section, not anymore, they remodeled and technically the section is still there but less than 25% of the fabric and what's there is just awful stuff, they used to carry a ton of really lovely one yard precuts and those are gone as well. The yarn was the Peaches n Cream cotton and some basic acrylics and a couple really nice acrylics, it's now super cheap super rough basic acrylics and that's it. I work with cotton yarn a lot and I switched during Covid to ordering online and now that's my default, it's not worth the trouble when I can go to yarnspirations.
my two local fabric shops went to retiree hours "but you can join us online 24/7!" well I can patronize many different small business fabric shops online so

Last edited by Austinite; 09-17-2022 at 06:31 AM.
Old 09-17-2022, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by RJ View Post
This is exactly what I have threatened to do in the past at Walmart---cut it myself---now I don't even bother looking---no one ever comes to help in our store.
I hate it when no one helps you in stores. I would totally have helped myself. If they don't like it, get someone over there to help me. Of course, I've also poured my own coffee when no one got me a refill. Usually I end up refilling other people's too. lol

I learned how to get their attention at Lowe's. I needed to get a light fixture. I could see the box from where I was standing but it was WAY up high. Walked up and down a couple aisles. Nobody around. So I got the huge ladder, rolled it over to where I needed it, locked the wheels and before I could step on it 2 people came running to help. Running! It appears there's someone watching when something might happen and they'd be sued, but no one watching to get help for their customers.
Old 09-18-2022, 04:16 AM

Cashs mom- I heard that. Never thought of pulling a ladder over myself. Lol