Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 17-19, 2023 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 17-19, 2023

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 17-19, 2023

Old 03-16-2023, 03:44 PM

Default Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 17-19, 2023

Welcome to Virtual Qulting Weekend. What are you all working on this weekend? Our guild retreat is next weekend (Thursday-Sunday) so I will be prepping projects for it and gathering my supplies. I am taking quite a bit of machine applique projects so am trying to get them all fused so I just have the stitching to do. I'm thinking of one paper piecing project and maybe a couple charity quilts in case I need something simple.

Next month's VQW will be April 14-16.
Old 03-16-2023, 04:31 PM

Great. I need the push to work on projects. These allergies keep me tired out. I am working on a rolling stone quilt. Not sure how big it will be yet. That all depends on the piece I have for backing. If I can get
this done, my guild is asking for wheelchair quilts for the V.A.
Old 03-17-2023, 01:50 AM

Thanks for hosting again Heather! I really want to finish up my panel quilt, we will see how I feel. I got a bug and I learned long ago, no working on a quilt when I am not feeling 100%. Looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on!
Old 03-17-2023, 04:10 AM

Yeah, another reason to snuggle up with my list of WIP and a cup of tea. Supposed to be cold and snowy in my neck of the woods, so sewing and a good audio book will be a perfect way to spend my time.
List for this week-end:
1. Finish adding the binding on Black and White Checkerboard quilt.
2. Layer the 2008 UFO Christmas Exchange block quilt and start quilting this old bug-a-boo.
3. Make crumb block sashing to finish the top.

Old 03-17-2023, 04:23 AM

Count me in: I've got a huge piecing project to assemble and I've got another somewhat smaller strip quilt (railroad crossing design) to work on.
Old 03-17-2023, 05:09 AM

My guild is hosting a one day retreat tomorrow. Today will be spent servicing my machine and prepping a few small projects to take with me. I have learned to leave my ambitious and time consuming projects at home, and instead, build in time for conversation and sharing.

Sunday, I hope to prep and start cutting the fabric for a wedding quilt--Labyrinth Walk in black, greys and white.
Old 03-17-2023, 05:20 AM

I'll be checking in, but will probably not get much sewing done. I do have time today between errands, but may spend that time finishing prepping the floor in the basement bathroom for the new tile and toilet. After last VOQ we had the plumbers out and they actually came out on Wednesday since the storm was on Thursday. $5000+ latter we have flowing water! But we had two small patches where they had to remove the small 1 inch tile which we can't match anymore. So we removed the rest of it and will be continuing the tile that is outside the room into the room. Saturday will be dry fitting the new tile and Sunday has been booked for a Wine hop with two couples. So definitely no sewing after the distilleries and wineries.
Old 03-17-2023, 06:32 AM

I'm in again!!! B'day on Sunday but we have brunch celebration and then they leave...ok with me...lol. Quilting buddy is destashing and told me to come over...I think I should have stayed home. Let's just say she filled up the trunk of my car with bags of fab, kits which are her UFO's, and more fab which is yardage. Now I have more totes to take to PL sit n sew days. She even gave me a HUGE plastic container with lid.Washed yardage yesterday so that's done. Need to reorganize my exsisting fab to merge new fab.

When I came home I told DH and son to put shoes on cuz I needed help. DH said...where are going to put thils? Son said...just because it's free doesn't mean you need to bring it home! Could have been worse. Could have been a cute puppy or two.
Old 03-17-2023, 06:44 AM

We have had painters all week, even did the inside of all the closets, whew! I am taking a day off to go birding today, but tomorrow is the guild sewing day, so will attend that as I signed up way before the painters could come.
I work on placemats usually at sewing day, but will also take some fabrics to cut for Oh My Strippy Stars that From my Carolina Home is sharing right now, look forward to seeing/hearing about everyone’s projects.
Old 03-17-2023, 06:46 AM

Dedemac, I am glad you have flowing water again but OUCH!

Julienm1--what were you supposed to do---just leave the poor fabric behind?

I've been doing a little cooking and household stuff this morning. Should be in my sewing room by noon for more retreat prep. Will check back in later.